Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too soon...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes you wanna come south, don't it Steve?
    We are having a cold start to winter this year. Next two weeks look like temps won't get above 45 in the daytime, about 10* colder than average this time of the year. Lows mostly in the low 30's, may be some 20's sprinkled in, but not much sign of anything but rain thankfully, and only a couple of days of that toward next weekend.
    We usually get our worst and coldest weather from mid Jan to late Feb, so it might be a doozy next year.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Yeah, I do. But you know, happy wife, happy life.

Boy, there is a war going on outside my window right now. Good thing we do not have to go anywhere.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Added another foot to the stack. Fun days ahead.

839498EC-9BA0-4F79-9B12-AB5ED9723128.jpeg
        8EF64159-22CF-46D8-B88F-03CBCFFC25C7.jpeg

Comment

Who left the fridge door open up there?

Today and tomorrow, low 50's, then the bottom drops out, highs in the low 30's/high 20's, and nighttime lows in the single digits! We are NOT used to temps that cold down here. Looks like the first week of 2018 is gonna be a cold bitch. I delivered a load Wed that I had sat on since the 22nd, went and loaded one yesterday that I thought I'd get off today, nope, they are closed today through Mon, looks like I'll sit on this one too. Don't mind the time off, just hate the no income part of it, and the fact it's too damn cold to get out and do anything. Could be worse though, could be snowed in like the northeast.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

This morning it got down to 25 below zero, without windchill factor. Luckily the wind was light. You could hear the trees popping and the wood on the deck cracking. Hard to imagine that the temperature has to go up 100 degrees just to be a comfortable 75 degrees. The furnace is going full blast and we can only get to 64 in here. I have an electric heater next to me helping out. Right now outside it warmed up to a balmy zero degrees, which will probably be the high for the day.

Comment

• Right now outside it warmed up to a balmy zero degrees, which will probably be the high for the day.

Dang, I couldn't survive up there.....

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                • Right now outside it warmed up to a balmy zero degrees, which will probably be the high for the day.

Dang, I couldn't survive up there.....
                You would survive. Probably cuss a lot more, though...

It also isn’t good for my patience, I find I go from calm to nuclear in a millisecond when it’s like this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                  This morning it got down to 25 below zero, without windchill factor.
                  Damn Steve, how can I complain about S.E. Pa. ? We've had a week of daytime 20's, nights at 10's. Right now I'm staring at about 3"s of snow with temps in the high teens ..
                  And the kicker for all of us is that it's not even January yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Eddie "D"
                  '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                  "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                  M&M Member #339.

Comment

I figured you might be in that 50" snow Eddie.
                    3" would paralyze Alabama!

Comment

This is getting old... and they are talking about another 8-10 inches of snow on Thursday.

C542E668-27D4-4F89-84AB-2E47F62E0F83.jpeg

Comment

17° here in southern NJ now. The weather people are predicting 2-4" of snow for us on Thursday, but the rest of the week is supposed to be very cold.
                        Mike & Robin Grentus
                        69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                        08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                        00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                        99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                        14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                        M&M Member #- 890
                        MCA #- 4549
                        My 69 Coupe build album
                        http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

The cold is really starting to take its toll. My garage door opener decided to die. Water mains are freezing and breaking across the area, and schools are getting closed because they cannot get the school buses running. Diesel engines don’t fare well in these temperatures. Yesterday we broke a 50 year record for lowest low at -17, and the next couple days we might see the mid-twenties due to the upcoming snowstorm, that will feel like midsummer to us at this point. Check out the predicted lows for the weekend. If it gets any colder, I will set my beard on fire.

8C1CE2B5-B804-4D3D-9412-65333CD298C6.jpeg
                          3BC999CE-2D65-437E-928B-1077DF597710.jpeg

Comment

Oops, I meant to say we tied the record, not broke it.

Comment

At least its hot out, we have gotten up to 22 degrees.

D701AAAF-696C-4774-A016-B1043A7181F4.jpeg

Comment

we have had 2 weeks of temps in the teens & twenties, I am now TIRED of winter !
                                I wish the best for all those in the real cold areas...............
                                34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X