Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been a while...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while...

Been a while since I've posted on here, not much has changed , still got the 73 Mach1, still run it on the strip from time to time, we are losing one great venue in the UK, Shakespeare County Raceway which will ultimately become a massive housing estate, I have however gained a strip right close to where I live- Spitfire Raceway, on the site of former RAF Perranporth. Also have somehow become the owner of a Dodge A108 Sportsman, just happened, sort of an impulse purchase lol. Hope all is good everybody. DSC_0024 (2) by Michael Fisher, on Flickr

DSCN7275 (2) by Michael Fisher, on Flickr

Love that 73. I'm gonna get one of those body styles one of these days.

We lost a track here as well. The track I called "home" for years was sold, the new owners ran it for a couple of years and were really turning things around, then right in the middle of a season said "we're done, the track is for sale." It sat dormant for two years and was just recently auctioned off. Rumor has it the new owners are going to turn it in to a solar field.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Hey Mike, I for one missed you. Hang around. Cool pictures !!! That white building in Pic#2 looks like a tiny castle. Was it for tiny princes & princesses ? I love movies about those days with Knights jousting or the nasty sheriff looking for Robin Hood ........... I think Errol Flynn was the best Robin Hood. Of course I like the OLD movies, better than these new ones with all the special effects.
      I'm still thinking of selling both my Mustangs, and would even think about selling them overseas, and in the U.K.

Is there a better market in the U.K. ? And would it be complicated ? Would the cost of shipping cancel out the higher price ?
      Lots of questions buddy... sorry !

Anyway, don't be a stranger. Having a "BRIT" around is cool .............. I hope the title "BRIT", isn't taken as an ethnic slur, in this world of Political Correctness ...
      Eddie "D"
      '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
      "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
      M&M Member #339.

Comment

Nice to see our oldest member posting again.

Your vehicles look, as a British friend of mine likes saying, quite tidy.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
        My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
        Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 pony
          That white building in Pic#2 looks like a tiny castle. Was it for tiny princes & princesses ?
          lol It's called the 'Huers Hut' and was used as a lookout point to guide the fishing fleet back in the 1300's

https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/Newquay/huers_hut.htm

I hope the title "BRIT", isn't taken as an ethnic slur, in this world of Political Correctness ...

lol I might do Ed, seeing as I'm Cornish (Yeah but we come under the British banner )

Is there a better market in the U.K. ? And would it be complicated ? Would the cost of shipping cancel out the higher price ?

Tricky...although Mustangs are still fetching good money over here, folk tend to import solid fixer-uppers rather than fully sorted cars, yours being so well turned out would sell here no problem! Could put you in contact with people who bring them across to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

Your vehicles look, as a British friend of mine likes saying, quite tidy.
            Thanks Steve, we try to keep them in good nick, despite the rain

Comment

Originally posted by mach1mike View Post

lol It's called the 'Huers Hut' and was used as a lookout point to guide the fishing fleet back in the 1300's

https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/Newquay/huers_hut.htm

lol I might do Ed, seeing as I'm Cornish (Yeah but we come under the British banner )

Tricky...although Mustangs are still fetching good money over here, folk tend to import solid fixer-uppers rather than fully sorted cars, yours being so well turned out would sell here no problem! Could put you in contact with people who bring them across to sell.[/I]

Thanks Mike. I sent you a P/M here .... I haven't used the PM here at M&M since the change over to this new board. Anyway, I included my new E-Mail address also. I'd appreciate any contact info with people familiar with overseas sales.

BTW, as dumb as I am, I have no idea what a "CORNISH" is ................... I know Scottish and Welsh, but the only Cornish I know is the hen on the menu in an expensive restaurant ...
              Eddie "D"
              '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
              "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
              M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by mach1mike View Post
                Been a while since I've posted on here, not much has changed , still got the 73 Mach1, ..... have somehow become the owner of a Dodge A108 Sportsman, just happened, sort of an impulse purchase lol. Hope all is good everybody.
                Glad to see you drop back in, Mike! Hope to hear more from you and your adventures with your sweet '73 Mach I ....... and sure, adventures with the Dodge van too!!!

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                LOL... When I'm 114 years old, I'm sure I'll be worm food.....

Ryan
                Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Welcome, Mike !!
                  Looking forward to your posts !!
                  Mark C ~
                  M&M member #332
                  1965 coupe - owned since '79
                  1970 Mach 1 T-5 (export Mustang) - owned since '86
                  http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/70MachT5.html
                  "My '65 coupe is going back together"
                  /___ ___ ___ \
                  (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
                  \_ o _ ___ _ o _/