Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrestling with Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestling with Options

Am considering parting out the EXP rather than selling it as a driver or keeping it and spending any more time and money on it. Reasons are kinda irrelevant for this discussion so let's not go there.

I'm wondering what the likelihood is of finding a project-oriented, energetic individual that would buy the car, bare-bones body only, with no engine/transmission/drive shaft, no front framework/suspension, no rear end, no rear suspension, no exhaust, no fuel system, possibly no wiring harness, no brake system, maybe even no framework that was added when performing the tub job, and probably not much else. Extreme, I know, but then I bought the thing when it needed all of the above and more (it was a beat-in-the-a$$ 1.6L 5-speed front-drive turbo car with cancer).

Possibility that I'd part with the rear end, wheels & tires, maybe even the high-mile 5L & transmission, as separate transactions. Depends on my frame of mind at the time of disassembly.

Comments? Ridicule? Go ahead, give it to me, I CAN TAKE IT!

Disclaimer: As with craigslist pictures, the body & paint look better here than in reality.

EXP1.jpg

EXP2.jpg

Paul N.

'84 EXP: 5.0, T-5, 4.30 9", Fat Tires
    Backyard Experiment

sumptus censum ne superet
    (let not your spending exceed your income)

Probably your best bet would be to list it on a drag racing site, maybe someone would want to make a Bob Glidden tribute car.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Does it have a certified/certifiable cage in it? Otherwise, I am betting your chances are slim to none. Around here, it takes forever to sell a complete racecar and then it goes pretty cheap.
      Rick Stevens
      Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
      - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
      - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Bare body without any suspension is not going to bring much more than scrap price, if that. Even as a roller, not much demand other than maybe as a bracket car. Unique, but that doesn't always mean many people see what it is and would pay for it. Finding that right person is the challenge. Breaking it down into parts might not work either, lots of unpaid labor to consider, as well as finding buyers for everything.
        I'd try to sell it whole before I tore it down.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Does it have a certified/certifiable cage in it?
          Nope. This thing is certified to look cool and take up space, and that's about it. Interestingly enough, it got ~20mpg when I took it out of town!

Paul N.

Backyard Experiment

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
            I'd try to sell it whole before I tore it down.
            As I indicated, I have reasons for not doing that.

Thanks to all for the input. Now we'll see where I end up with this.
            Paul N.

Backyard Experiment

Comment

That would make a good outlaw 10.5 or grudge car. With the right fabricator, there's potential for a pro touring car.
              Rick Stevens
              Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
              - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
              - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Working...
              X