Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 years

Its sobering to realize, as I did last week, that I have owned my Sprint for 40 years. I bought it December 22, 1977.

F34217C9-0D1F-444D-BE16-15658630708E.jpeg
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Cool!!
    Steve - M&M Member #690

1968 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
    2018 Premium GT Fastback Ruby Red

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
    Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

that is cool !!!
      34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Nobody can accuse me of automotive promiscuity...

Comment

40 years of ownership.....awesome!!
          M&M Member #91
          Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
          US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
            40 years of ownership.....awesome!!
            Makes me wonder who owns who?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

Makes me wonder who owns who?
              I think you already know the answer to THAT one...
              Steve - M&M Member #690

1968 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
              2018 Premium GT Fastback Ruby Red

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
              Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                Its sobering to realize, as I did last week, that I have owned my Sprint for 40 years. I bought it December 22, 1977.

F34217C9-0D1F-444D-BE16-15658630708E.jpeg
                i can go you one better, though as a family owned vehicle. my 64 falcon has been in the family, it was my aunts car, since it was bought NEW in oct 1963.

and my mustng was originally bought by me in oct 1976, sold it to a friend in 1983, bought it back in 1988 and have owned it since.
                64 falcon
                66 mustang
                76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
                and life is but an illusion

Comment

Too Cool, Steve!

I'm reminded of when I was leaving the plant this summer and a co-worker was making cracks about the rust on my 'ol '65 F100...and asked, "So - what year is the old beast?" I replied, "It's a 1965...it's 52 years old. Where do you think your Toyota will be when it's 52 years old?" Funny, he didn't know what to say to that..........

Ryan
                  Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
                    Too Cool, Steve!

I'm reminded of when I was leaving the plant this summer and a co-worker was making cracks about the rust on my 'ol '65 F100...and asked, "So - what year is the old beast?" I replied, "It's a 1965...it's 52 years old. Where do you think your Toyota will be when it's 52 years old?" Funny, he didn't know what to say to that..........

Ryan
                    Love it. Whenever people cut down my Fords I like to point out how many different cars they have bought in the period that I have been driving the same ones.

Comment

Longest I have kept one was my 84 F150, and I was an idiot for getting rid of it after 17 years.
                      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                        Longest I have kept one was my 84 F150, and I was an idiot for getting rid of it after 17 years.
                        Ever since I bought the '65 F100 in 1981 (in TX), it has been licensed to drive - although it is not a daily driver for me. Sure it has had repairs along the way, painted once and is WAY faded out now. Since I've had it, I've rebuilt the 390 engine once, had the T-18 transmission freshened once and I R&R the PP & clutch disc once. It has served me well.......these past 37 years!

Ryan

Edit addition: I was married in '79. In '81 I bought the ol' faded '65 in TX. Two more years went by and we had a son. I had figured he'd drive the ol' truck as his first vehicle. But by the time he had turned 15, although he learned how to drive it (T-18 granny stick shift) he told me he didn't want it - so he bought a little S-10 for a first vehicle. Last year he turned 34 yrs old. He asked me if I had any change in plans for "the ol' Blue truck". I told him, "Not really." I reminded him that I had asked him if he wanted it as his first vehicle. He remembered that.....then told me that he turned me down because he JUST KNEW that I'd watch him like a hawk as to how he was treating the ol' truck...! He was probably correct - I probably would have!
                        Last edited by Ryan Wilke; 01-06-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Very cool milestone!

This May it will be 30 years since I bought my Cougar. I still have hopes of getting it running again this summer.
                          68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
                          '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
                          Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Edit addition: I was married in '79. In '81 I bought the ol' faded '65 in TX. Two more years went by and we had a son. I had figured he'd drive the ol' truck as his first vehicle. But by the time he had turned 15, although he learned how to drive it (T-18 granny stick shift) he told me he didn't want it - so he bought a little S-10 for a first vehicle. Last year he turned 34 yrs old. He asked me if I had any change in plans for "the ol' Blue truck". I told him, "Not really." I reminded him that I had asked him if he wanted it as his first vehicle. He remembered that.....then told me that he turned me down because he JUST KNEW that I'd watch him like a hawk as to how he was treating the ol' truck...! He was probably correct - I probably would have!
                            My story is the opposite. Both boys wanted to drive mine, and did, the youngest the most. He pretty much ran it into the ground.....busted one of the fiberglass rear fenders, broke the ignition key switch, ruined several tires, let the AC compressor get stolen off it at school {not really his fault, but I did ride him about leaving it parked there while he was off with one of his buddies}. I parked it under a tree in the back yard, wrong place to park one, a big limb fell on the hood, destroying it. I moved it and parked it again, this time the brakes leaked down, bad wheel cylinder I think. I got disgusted with how bad it had run down in a couple of years, so when a vehicle came along that I wanted, I traded it off. I should have fixed it, already had a replacement hood, but foolishly let it go. As they say, hindsight is 20/20......
                            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                              I got disgusted with how bad it had run down in a couple of years......
                              THAT ^^^ was what I was afraid of when I was in the process of selling my '85 GT convertible back in 2015... that some local punk would step up and give me my asking price, then I'd have to watch as he beat the crap out of it the weeks/months/years to come! When a fella pulled up in my yard with a car hauler and IL license plates, that was a factor in my giving him a good deal on it..... I was pretty sure I wouldn't have to watch some local just down the road beat my baby into junk.........

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X