Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want guns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want guns?

Good historic WWII aviation footage (~36 min.).

https://archive.org/details/TheLastBomb1945

While primarily representing the Pacific theater, if I'm not mistaken, some of this footage has appeared as European theater action.
    Paul N.

'84 EXP: 5.0, T-5, 4.30 9", Fat Tires
    Backyard Experiment

sumptus censum ne superet
    (let not your spending exceed your income)

34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

That DOD documentary is based on the Mariana Island Chain .... Tinian, Saipan and GUAM. Some of the toughest of the islands where the Marines fought the Japanese.
      I want to thank you Paul...... Most of that film is on Guam. An island that was and still is a U.S. territory. And more important, GUAM is the island that my Uncle Eddie was killed in Action on, July 1944. Two years BEFORE I was born.

While in the Marine Corps, I crossed the Pacific Ocean in a "troop ship" ..,, April 1st 1965 to April 18th. I've been to Japan, Okinawa, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam (and I think LAOS.... but we weren't supposed to be there) but .............. I always wanted to and wish I had been to Guam, and walked the beach my Uncle Eddie was on when wounded and died.
      It's on my 'bucket list' !

BTW, Tinian is where the B-29, the "Enola Gay" took off from, armed with "Little Boy", the uranium Atom Bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima .... (The bomb dropped on Nagasaki, a few days later was named "Fat Man" and was the more powerful 'Plutonium Bomb'..

While in Japan I was stationed some miles south of Hiroshima. We would go up to Hiroshima a few times on Liberty. I was at Peace Park, and at "Ground Zero". If you see films of Hiroshima after the "BOMB", you'll see the skeletonized dome of a building. That skeleton domed building still stands as a memorial to that day.

Thanks again Paul !!!
      Eddie "D"
      '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
      "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
      M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post

Thanks again Paul !!!
        Sure.

Interestingly enough, my dad flew B-29's (and pretty much anything else in inventory).

He also served under General Lemay while in the Strategic Air Command. Here's a related clip featuring Jimmy Stewart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1hVLGLZ-w

Cool stuff.

Paul N.

Backyard Experiment

Comment

Your dad is a hero in my book. The World War II guys are MY HEROES !! The last war we were in that meant something and was necessary for OUR & the World's security and future of freedom.

Unlike the rest of these (IMO) unnecessary wars we fight as "World Policeman."
          Eddie "D"
          '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
          "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
          M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post
            Your dad is a hero in my book. "

Paul N.

Backyard Experiment

Comment

Working...
            X