Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not around much anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not around much anymore

Guys, sorry I haven't been around much. Since we had to go to the electronic babysitters {electronic logs}, my home time is limited anymore. Barely have time to take a shower and eat then have to hit the road again. When we had the paper logs you could fudge on your time a bit if you needed to, not so with these electronic snoops, they are correct down to the minute. I manage a little time during the day and late at night to read a bit on my phone or 7" tablet, but it's hard to type out a long response one letter at a time with my big fingers. I have a stylus pen, but it's not much better, still much slower than here on the PC at home. You know I'm kinda long winded sometimes.

I only have Saturdays to try and keep up with stuff here at home, and so far not doing too well with that, either. I need to be out in the yard right now, just waiting on it to warm up a bit so I can do some early spring yard work before the rains set in tonight again. This working 5 1/2 days a week is getting old, as soon as I get some stuff paid off I'm going to cut back to 4 1/2 days. My poor car is sitting in the shop collecting dust, I can't find a few minutes to do anything to it right now. Wife's Firebird had sat so long the battery was dead, put the charger on it last night in hopes I might get a minute to drive it today.

The blue truck put me in a hellava hole, just trying to get dug out, and it's taking a while. I'm not making any more money, but having to work harder to get the same amount. I'm not in bad shape, but I have more debt out than I'm comfortable with. Most people would be happy with the small amount I have, but having any debt on me is troublesome, I've always tried to live debt free. As I get one thing paid off, I'm paying more on the others to get them down. Maybe in the fall I will be caught up more.

3 more years and maybe I can retire and work when I want. If nothing else breaks around here.....
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Real life gets in the way sometimes. I can sure relate.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

I tell you what, I just turned 39, 3 and 10 year old, and remodeling work out the wazoo! I feel like over the last couple of years I've been working harder to make the same amount. The wife and I have hammered out almost all our debt but the house. I guess as long as we all just keep swimming it will be all good.
      1968 Fastback
      90 5.0 HO
      T-5
      Modern leather buckets
      Front Disc
      2001 Bullit Green

Comment

My job has reached a new level of time consuming as well. A few years ago I remember the lax time between planting and harvest got narrower and narrower 'till it was gone.

This year winter time did the same thing. Our shop is taking care of about 65 trucks and 70 or so tractors. Then there's the pickups, forklifts, and the misc generators and the such.

It's gone totally nuts lately but they do treat me well and there's light at the end of the tunnel. 7 or 8 more years and it's time to hang it up and kick back.
        Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

At least it’s great to hear that business is good. That’s a good problem to have.

Comment

Right now the folks in the know say there are 70 loads available for every flatbed. Good to be needed like that! Our normal spring busy season started early this year, no doubt partly due to the tax cuts. Just hope it holds out a while.....
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
              Right now the folks in the know say there are 70 loads available for every flatbed. Good to be needed like that! Our normal spring busy season started early this year, no doubt partly due to the tax cuts. Just hope it holds out a while.....
              Winning.

Comment

I'm thankful as well, absolutely.
                Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

Back pain, domestic issues, and smaller car budgets have a away of keeping cars and the internet off the radar..
                  1969 Fastback
                  1971 Mach 1
                  1971 Coupe
                  1972 Ranchero GT
                  1992 F150

Comment

Working...
                  X