Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 years ago today, March 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 years ago today, March 12

40 years ago, March 12, two dumb 18 year old kids said their I do's and became husband and wife. What a time it's been! Ups and downs, but I wouldn't change much of it if I could.
    25 years ago, we spent the time together here at home, watching the Blizzard of 1993 unfold. We ended up with 17" of the white stuff, a record yet to be broken any time of the year here.

This year, not really having a celebration. Sure, we marked the day, but not doing anything special this year. I'm home right now for a bit, will leave out right after supper again. Life was so much simpler 40 years ago, we had a few bills but not many, we both had jobs that paid a little over minimum wage, but we got by fine. I took the week off , and she stayed out of school all week {I'm 10 months older than her and had graduated the year before}. Now if I miss one day I'm panicking.

Maybe in 3-4 years I can get back to that simpler time when I retire. I sure do miss it, not having to rush around all the time.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

congratulations to you & the mrs !

we do not do anything fancy for our anniversaries either, maybe go to a restaurant for a nice dinner.
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Congratulations Bobby! As I get older and....wiser?? I really do admire those who get married once and stay there their whole lives. My parents did it, as have some others among my family and friends. Some of them haven't been able to do it too, and I know of course that it can't always be helped. I've never been married, I doubt if I'd been able to do it. I'd say it takes a special patience and tolerance to do it no matter who you are. The list of celebrities who have managed to keep one marriage together their whole lives is very short, compared to those who haven't. But there are some! Bob Hope comes to mind.
      Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
      71 F-250 4x2
      88 F-150 4X2

Comment

Congratulations, Bobby and Mrs Bobby!

When you have a great relationship, every day is a celebration
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Congrats Bobby to you & your wife. My wife & I celebrated our 30th last year.
          Mike & Robin Grentus
          69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
          08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
          00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
          99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
          14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
          M&M Member #- 890
          MCA #- 4549
          My 69 Coupe build album
          http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

One thing I didn't mention, I had a 4 year old pickup, and the wife had a 2 year old Mustang II when we got married. And we both had payments, paid out of a little over minimum wage jobs, try that now! You couldn't afford one 4 year old vehicle on minimum wage jobs now.

One reason I always half jokingly said we lasted so long was when I started trucking, I wasn't around to argue with her. That was before cell phones! Probably more truth in that than either of us will admit.

Every one of our generation on both sides of our families have divorced at least once, some multiple times. As far as I know, we are the only ones left married to our original spouse. In our parents generation, only one person is divorced, big difference. We really are an oddity this day and time.
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Congrats! That is awesome!
              1968 Fastback
              90 5.0 HO
              T-5
              Modern leather buckets
              Front Disc
              2001 Bullit Green

Comment

Working...
              X