Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that they want people to use the internet more, whIch keeps their costs down. I did all my research on the Ford website, and did the build and price thing numerous times before getting the test drive. Still, I am old school and really prefer to have my hands on a hard copy brochure. To me it's part of the experience.
    Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
    '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
    Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Me too. When I was a kid, getting car brochures from dealerships and displays at the mall was one of the first things that got me into cars. I even still have some I picked up 40+ years ago. In my former business we always left brochures behind after our presentations, even if they didnít buy, because we felt they kept selling our products even after we had left.

One time when I was getting a state inspection for my truck I asked a sales person if they had sales brochures for Mustangs and he looked annoyed at the question and said they stopped handing them out because they cost a dollar each and for a dealership like his with so much traffic it would add up fast. He then walked away, and if he had been one of my salespeople and I had overheard this he would have either been hauled in for more training or packing his belongings in a cardboard box.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
      My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

I didn't know that the brochures were still available.
        Some assembly required.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
          Itís interesting to note that up here our local dealers also all tell us Ford no longer uses printed brochures. Even though people are buying the cars.
          Thats so weird. I have to wonder if itís simply a cost cutting move by your local dealerships as the brochures are actually VERY nice, high quality paper and photographs.
          We (the dealership where I work) were actually out of the 2018 Mustang brochures, and I didnít want to wait a week for next shipment, so I drove a few miles down the road to another local dealer and they had plenty there.
          M&M Member #91
          Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
          US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

I think Mike will agree, but up here the dealerships donít seem to want to sell Mustangs. They give lame excuses like they donít fit our climate, nobody wants them, etc, and try to sway you towards the trucks and SUVs. Even our biggest dealerships usually have just one or two in stock. I know we get winters up here, but come on, this isnít Point Barrow, Alaska in the arctic circle, for Pete Sakes. Mike had to go to Massachusetts to get his.

Comment

I'm late on this, "Stangfan" Steve. It must be like waiting for your wife to give birth to your next kid ! I'm envious and jealous.
              Good luck with the new 'Pony', and please ... pictures and a review !!

And I agree, the 'New Car Brochure' is part of the experience. And like Steve "L" said, every September, when I was a kid, going with my Dad to ALL the different dealerships, and scoping out all the new models.
              That was when the "Big Three" used to change the style of their new models every year, and all three made a big deal out of the 'New Car Introduction' which was ALWAYS in September.
              I can remember the Dinah Shore show on Sunday nights, when she brought out the NEW Chevy, covered in a large tarp, and the drum roll as the tarp was pulled off, to introduce the new Bel Air, with big fins ...
              Does anyone remember Dinah's ending of every show ? When she would sing, "See the USA in your Chevrolet. America is asking you to call !" Ending with Dinah throwing a BIG KISS, out to the audience.
              Eddie "D"
              '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
              "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
              M&M Member #339.

Comment

I heard from my salesman yesterday. My car is currently on the train in Winnipeg. ETA is April 20th.

Does anyone know what the train cars look like these days. I've seen pictures of classic cars on open train cars, but I would imagine they are more enclosed now.
                Steve - M&M Member #690

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
                Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                  I think Mike will agree, but up here the dealerships donít seem to want to sell Mustangs. They give lame excuses like they donít fit our climate, nobody wants them, etc, and try to sway you towards the trucks and SUVs. Even our biggest dealerships usually have just one or two in stock. I know we get winters up here, but come on, this isnít Point Barrow, Alaska in the arctic circle, for Pete Sakes. Mike had to go to Massachusetts to get his.
                  I never felt more disrespected at a dealer than when I went looking for a Mustang. All the dealers around here wouldn't take me serious. When I finally found one, they wouldn't budge from sticker price. I had to drive 100 miles to find the deal I wanted.

Some assembly required.

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
                    I heard from my salesman yesterday. My car is currently on the train in Winnipeg. ETA is April 20th.

Does anyone know what the train cars look like these days. I've seen pictures of classic cars on open train cars, but I would imagine they are more enclosed now.
                    The ones that go past our place are fairly well enclosed. The sides remind me of perforated grain bin floors. You can tell there are cars in there, but it's too fine of perforation to see exactly what they are.

68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
                    '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
                    Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

I bought a brand new,,,Oxford WHITE...2003 Mustang Mach 1 way back in 2004.

Although from 5' away, the paint looked great, but when I got within a couple of inches from the surface, I could see teeny tiny specks of RUST colored particles throughout the clear coat. Turns out it was what they called "rail dust" from being transported on the train.

My car was white so it was easier to see. Yours being red, probably wont notice, but the remedy, whatever color you have would be a real honest couple of hours of CLAY BAR detail. Its simple to do, just a little monotonous. Not only did the clay bar take care of all of the rail dust, I have never felt or seen a smoother paint job afterwards in my life.

A good clay bar session is more than worth the $30 or so you'll spend on the kit.
                      M&M Member #91
                      US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post

A good clay bar session is more than worth the $30 or so you'll spend on the kit.
                        Thanks. My 03 Mach 1 didn't have any rail dust. I have clayed numerous cars. It's amazing the crap they remove. It will be done if the paint has any contaminants at all. :-)
                        Steve - M&M Member #690

Comment

Thanks. My 03 Mach 1 didn't have any rail dust. I have clayed numerous cars. It's amazing the crap they remove. It will be done if the paint has any contaminants at all. :-)
                          I do my current Ď03 Mach about once a year....depending on how I feel. It sits covered in garage about 9-10 months out of the year, so it surely doesnít need clay barred that often....just depends on how bored I am any particular Saturday evening vs. how many beers Iíve had.

M&M Member #91

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
                            I do my current Ď03 Mach about once a year....depending on how I feel. It sits covered in garage about 9-10 months out of the year, so it surely doesnít need clay barred that often....just depends on how bored I am any particular Saturday evening vs. how many beers Iíve had.
                            Sometimes itís fun to just rub your hands all over a sexy body...

Comment

Geeze, if they had of put it on a truck it would have been there in 5 days or less! Rail is ssssssllllllllooooowwww!

Like Steve said, all I see these days are mostly enclosed with some kind of perforated steel or aluminum, pretty small holes. I think they did that to combat vandalism.
                              Some companies now ship cars in white bags with small vinyl windows and a zippered door on the drivers side only. I've seen Corvettes, AUDI's, VW's and some others with those bags on them. I doubt Ford would spend the bucks for them.
                              ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                              -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                              -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                              " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

Geeze, if they had of put it on a truck it would have been there in 5 days or less! Rail is ssssssllllllllooooowwww!
                                Well, it is a long way from the Flat Rock plant to Victoria BC.
                                Steve - M&M Member #690

Comment

Working...
                                X