Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 study gun demographics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 study gun demographics

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/...gun-ownership/
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

I'm shocked gun ownership isn't higher than that. Maybe it has to do with me living in a rural area, but out of all of our friends and family, I only know of one household that doesn't have a gun of some sort.
    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
    363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Same here Poppy, only one family doesn't have any guns. Everybody else has at least a pistol, and the rest of us have a variety of pistols, shotguns, and rifles. I've got two pistols, a shotgun and a rifle, [and a 4WD, but that's not what we're talking about, hee hee], and have another shotgun, rifle, and pistol that is at Mom's house that I will inherit at her death.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I think it is a big time rural vs urban result. Dealing with average Joe / Suzy citizen as I work in an Urban area for 26 years, I see these stats as being fairly accurate.

Like you guys, most of my friends and family own a gun. But I think that is simply we connect with like-minded folks.
        Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.31.so far.
        2010 F150, 4.6L 2wd
        2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

Don't know about you guys but if I got a call out of nowhere from a pollster and they asked if I had any guns there would be a big NOPE as the phone was hung up. I bet I'm not alone with that thinking and that screws up the results as well.
          1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
          347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
          363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
          244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
            Don't know about you guys but if I got a call out of nowhere from a pollster and they asked if I had any guns there would be a big NOPE as the phone was hung up. I bet I'm not alone with that thinking and that screws up the results as well.
            yes sir I`m with you. maybe I`m paranoid but I dont like telling anyone I do not know about what I have. big brother already knows
            to much about me...................
            34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

I wouldn't answer that question or any question for that that asks what I own, even if it would be whether I buy liquid or powder laundry detergent. If I am in a mood, I will mess with pollsters and try to present myself as the biggest dirtbag, pervert, idiot, or whatever comes to mind or attempt to engage them in a conversation by answering their questions with philosophical questions about their topic.
              Rick Stevens
              Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
              - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
              - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Working...
              X