Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another reason I dislike winter !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s the latest trend up here in the rust belt. I’m thinking of having my van done.

https://www.facebook.com/Oil-Underco...c9&__tn__=CH-R
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
      Here’s the latest trend up here in the rust belt. I’m thinking of having my van done.

I would have that done in a heart beat ! on a new or used vehicle !!!!
      34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
        Just my personal, semi professional opinion, but I really don’t think those undercoating packages the dealers offer increase rust protection.
        Over the past 20+ years, ALL domestic car makers dip the car bodies in a rust prohibitive liquid.
        I believe the rust protection is as good as it’s gonna get, right out of the gate. Whatever protection package the dealer offers is just “fluff”.
        I may be wrong, but I personally see the undercoating packages that go on in the dealership. I wouldn’t pay for it.
        I remember from working in new car dealerships for 20 years in the service dept the undercoating & the rustproofing that gets sprayed into the body is waaaaay overpriced & does not do much good at all.
        Mike & Robin Grentus
        69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
        08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
        00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
        99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
        14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
        M&M Member #- 890
        MCA #- 4549
        My 69 Coupe build album
        http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Yeah, the brine solution on the roads is really bad. So would this be a reason to lease a car/truck instead of buying it? Just get rid of it in a few years before the rust becomes a problem and get another one?

Comment

I used fluid film on my truck last fall. After 2 good rains more than half of it was washed off. Needless to say I was disappointed. They use a combination of treatments around here. They spray the roads with the brine before a storm, then use a salt/sand mix. They even use loose gravel sometimes. I’ve seen 2” rocks on the roads .
            Some assembly required.

Comment

These vehicles have to be sacrificial to use in the winter months.
              Some assembly required.

Comment

Originally posted by MLariviere View Post
                These vehicles have to be sacrificial to use in the winter months.
                "Winter beaters" are common in MI..... the nice car for the non-salted roads weeks and a beater for the DD during salty roads.....
                Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

Steve,
                  If you go for it, I hope you come back here with a full report on your service, cost and experience!

Ryan

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Steve,
                    If you go for it, I hope you come back here with a full report on your service, cost and experience!

Ryan
                    Oh, you know I’m a blabbermouth...
                    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                    My Sprint's restoration progress
                    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X