Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Taurus.....Bye Bye again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
    Personally, I like the Flex over the Edge. Little gangster looking sporty wagon.
    I really like the Flex too, but surprisingly my wife thinks they are hideous.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

I really like the Flex too, but surprisingly my wife thinks they are hideous.
      If she drives one, she’ll fall in love. Those seats.......

M&M Member #91
      Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
      US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

We had a 2011 Edge and now have a 2014 Edge. We have ZERO complaints about either one of them.
        The newest version on the market looks way to European to me. But that is just my opinion.
        Heck, we picked up 21 big bags of mulch today with it. No problem.
        We love it.
        Dave & Terri
        M&M#166 MCA#47921
        '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
        '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
        '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
        '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
        "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

This will sound terrible, but I cannot tell the Escapes from the Edges without seeing an emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
            This will sound terrible, but I cannot tell the Escapes from the Edges without seeing an emblem.
            You’re sorta right. Edges look like scaled down Explorers, Escapes look like scaled down Edges, and the BRAND SPANKIN’ NEW EcoSport SUV looks EXACTLY like a “mini-me” Escape.
            Focus looks like a scaled down Fusion, Fiesta looks like a scaled down Focus, and Mustang to me looks a lot like a 2 door Fusion. Mustang and Fusion share a few interior electrical parts.
            M&M Member #91
            US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

And the new Expedition looks like a daddy Explorer!
              ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
              -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
              -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
              " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

And the new Expedition looks like a daddy Explorer!
                Yea, that thing is STUPID large!!!
                $75k+ for a ride.
                Like to meet the “keeping up with the Jones’s” idiot who really can’t afford one, but buys one anyway....so I can kick ‘em in the nuts to remind them how stupid they are. Lol!!!
                $75,000+ for an SUV.
                Whats REALLY stupid? We can’t keep them on the lot. They sell faster than Ford can build them.

Had one come in the other day with a water leak....coming from the sunroof area. Had to get a forklift and pallet to raise me up high enough to set up my home made sprinkler/rain simulator just to do the water leak test.
                I HATE working on that shyt!!!!

M&M Member #91

Comment

$75,000! That's why I buy 10 year old vehicles. Depreciation is over, and they still have 3-4 years of life left in them. My 05 set me back $4500, probably 10% of what it cost new. I drive vehicles the size I want with the options I want for a fraction of the price of new. I gave up trying to keep up with the Jones a long time ago. I'd rather have 4 older rides than one that costs more than my house!
                  ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                  -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                  -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                  " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

We have a 2009 Flex Limited. Thing still runs great. It's the wife's car and it's been through hell and back with the kids. The audio system with all the different zones/headphone settings is outstanding. I remember one trip where one kid was listening to XM, two others were playing playstation, and I was listening to .mp3s all simultaneously. It's pretty impressive and makes for a much better road trip experience. I haven't had any significant repairs to it in the 10 years of ownership. Wife is starting to chirp about something new, but it's more cuz we don't need a 7 seater anymore. Kids all have their own rides and we rarely need the room. I'm trying to hold her off until after college bills settle out....she seems to be ok with that so far.
                    It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
                    '66 Coupe C code
                    '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

$75,000! That's why I buy 10 year old vehicles. Depreciation is over, and they still have 3-4 years of life left in them. My 05 set me back $4500, probably 10% of what it cost new. I drive vehicles the size I want with the options I want for a fraction of the price of new. I gave up trying to keep up with the Jones a long time ago. I'd rather have 4 older rides than one that costs more than my house!
                      I was watching Barrett Jackson a while ago, and in between the cool cars a Mercedes something or other that was modified by AMG went through, it was three years old and they said it sold for something like $125k or so. It sold at something like $45k. Some fool lost $80k in three years. That’s stunning, no matter how rich that person is.

Comment

Working...
                      X