Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion vs Escape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCR View Post
    My lady has a Chrysler Town and Country and I really like it. Very quiet on road, handles like a sport sedaneasy entry/exit for our disabilities, full rear bucket seats not 3 in thick phony seats, it even has a table stored in floor. 3.8 pushrod engine is very accesible even on back side. 25-26 mpg. Now I will be on lookout for the torches and pitchforks and wondering what forsaken island I will be exiled to.
    Naw, we’ve changed now that we’re older and more tired and have other things to be bothered by.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

It's Tuesday, no pics yet?
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Sorry, we just got it last night.

B03D7083-1ACC-4FA1-ABCE-66B43136DF00.jpeg

74353ECD-1AC9-4A4F-94C9-40E73F18365F.jpeg

F0C29E8B-E9EB-443E-AC64-EE96B3772634.jpeg

Comment

Great pics and great taste, Pam!!!
          Terri and I debated about the Escape and Edge when it was time to replace our Explorer.
          She tried the Escape seats and was not happy one bit.
          Tried out the Edge and that is all she wrote.
          We are now on our Second Edge and love it.
          Hopefully, Pam will love it as much as we do.
          Great ride and handles well. No complaints here.

Cup holders in the doors are great for bottled water and not much else.
          I to also have to watch the door ledges getting in and out of the car.
          Especially with steel toed boots on.
          Dave & Terri
          M&M#166 MCA#47921
          '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
          '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
          '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
          '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
          "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

Great color!!
            M&M Member #91
            Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
            US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
              great color!!
              x2! :d
              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
              363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

That is sharp! Hope you get 15 + years out of it like your last car!

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

We took the Edge out for a cruise yesterday. It’s very nice, it has a few things I would have designed differently, mostly ergonomically, at the end of the drive the tall console felt like it was wearing a hole in the side of my arm, it’s like they forgot people have arms. The console is very tall, so you can’t comfortably rest your arm on top of it, and keeping your arm against it gets your arm trapped between your side and the rough plastic of the console but that probably is just a problem for larger guys, Pam has plenty of room there so it’s not really a problem for us.

I was impressed by the 25.0 mpg we got of the drive, especially since it only has 300 miles at this point. It rides harsher than the Sable did, but not too harsh, about the same as my van or truck. It moves pretty quickly, I wouldn’t go drag racing with it but it easily keeps up with traffic and handles a lot tighter than you think it would, given it’s size and ride height.

The #1 thing that made me happy was that IT DOES NOT HAVE THE STOP/START system. I guess I mistakenly thought it was standard but I guess that’s an option we don’t have and I am thrilled with that. I told Pam that was an option I would have been happy to pay to have deleted, I think it’s such a stupid scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere

The #1 thing that made me happy was that IT DOES NOT HAVE THE STOP/START system. I guess I mistakenly thought it was standard but I guess that’s an option we don’t have and I am thrilled with that. I told Pam that was an option I would have been happy to pay to have deleted, I think it’s such a stupid scheme.
                    I could be wrong but believe the start/stop is only on the ecoboost engines right now. Auto start/stop is sooooo annoying.
                    M&M Member #91
                    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
                    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Another observation: Sirrus radio was useless when we tried it in 2004 in a rented Taurus at the Mustang 45th in Nashville, and it hasn’t improved since. Trees, bridges, enclosed structures like garages or tunnels render it unable to get any signal. Driving through forested areas yesterday meant we had no music about 75% of the time. Why people pay for that is beyond me. Maybe if you live in a desert, I guess?

Comment

I have the door cup holders in my F-150 and actually like them. I use them to either store an empty cup and get it out of my way, or to store a bottle of hand cleaner. I run the trash to the dump, and hit the bottle for a couple of pumps. They're really not useful for full cups, but I did find a use for them!

Congrats on the new ride Pam/Steve. Love the color!
                        It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
                        '66 Coupe C code
                        '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Steve, I've had sirusxm for probably 15 years or longer. Very seldom lose signal for more than a few seconds unless I go thorough a tunnel or under a fuel awning. Mine is not built it, it hooks up via a patch cord and plays on aux. Best $14 a month I spend. Love being able to listen to fox news, also love the radio classics channel. In the truck 14 hours a day it's worth the price, but not worth it to put one in the pu or EXPY. Not in them long enough at a time to get into anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                            Steve, I've had sirusxm for probably 15 years or longer. Very seldom lose signal for more than a few seconds unless I go thorough a tunnel or under a fuel awning. Mine is not built it, it hooks up via a patch cord and plays on aux. Best $14 a month I spend. Love being able to listen to fox news, also love the radio classics channel. In the truck 14 hours a day it's worth the price, but not worth it to put one in the pu or EXPY. Not in them long enough at a time to get into anything.
                            You must have much more open airspace above you than we do. We’re heavily forested here, and losing the signal every time we go under a tree or under a bridge doesn’t work for us, we lose the signal probably four or five times per mile unless we’re on the highway. No thanks.

Comment

The State has been aggressively trimming and removing overhanging trees from the roads here for a couple of years. We have a lot of forested land along the roads and highways, but probably a different blend of trees than those that grow well in your cooler climes. My antenna is directly on top of my truck, that makes a difference, too. When I had it mounted on the mirror my reception wasn't as good as it is now. I do travel a lot of two lane country roads as well as Interstates, but don't go into many neighborhoods unless it's a jobsite delivery.

Comment

I love my SiriusXm radio. On my trip to work, I only lose signal twice, and then it's usually just a blip. Given how gawd awful horrible commercial radio is now, I have no issues paying for a better option. We have a fair amount of trees around here, but most of them dont seem to bother it. Granted it doesnt work in the parking deck at work, but that's not surprising.
                                Rob Hetzler
                                M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                                Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
                                X