Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. R. Lee Ermey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. R. Lee Ermey

Dang it. Watched his shows regularly, always figured he had quite a ways to go yet.

You just never know.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...at-age-74.html
    Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

RIP Sir. The Movie Full Metal Jacket is on stand by with cd version and YouTube in the shop!! I hate to hear another legend has passed......but not forgotten. RIP my friend.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

RIP Gunny.
      Rick Stevens
      Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
      - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
      - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

I was bummed by that too, I thought he was great.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

I went to see the movie "Full Metal Jacket" with a guy who worked for me, who was an Air Force veteran. Me, not knowing who Ermey was, as soon as he opened his mouth, for the very first lines of dialogue, I turned to my buddy and said,
          "That guy is a REAL Marine Corps Drill Instructor."
          No one can fake that. And that portrayal of Marine Corps Boot Camp at Parris Island, South Carolina, was the closest and most real version of Parris Island in the 1960's, I have ever seen depicted in film.
          I was there from August to November 1964 as a recruit, and to this day, I rarely (if at all) tell stories of Boot Camp there, since I would guess, everybody would think I was 'bull$h!tting'. Believe me, Amnesty International would have closed it down due to the inhumane methods of training (AKA Torture).

Many seniors die of "complications of pneumonia". As I am only a couple of years younger than Ermey, I guess I have to worry, every time I get a chest cold !!

I enjoyed the Gunny's shows and movies. It's a shame that he states he was 'black-balled' due to his political ways, and membership in the NRA.
          That just proves that 'Free Speech' is DEAD for a conservative, but left wing liberal pukes can say any f'ing thing !!
          Eddie "D"
          '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
          "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
          M&M Member #339.

Comment

i also highly respected r lee ermy. he was tough but fair, knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge. and he was 100% marine. he will be missed for sure.
            64 falcon
            66 mustang
            76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
            and life is but an illusion

Comment

Working...
            X