Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is Going To Be Tempting.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Going To Be Tempting.....

GT/CS is coming back for 2019!
    https://www.svtperformance.com/
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Should have been 2018! It would have been the 50th anniversary of the original. I would have probably bought one.
    Steve - M&M Member #690

1968 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
    2018 Premium GT Fastback Ruby Red

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
    Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

The new/late model stuff is cool but wonít be in my budget range now or in the future. Similar to the new truck prices which is why I bought a low mileage used 2001 model earlier this year. I just like being debt free I guess. Iím kinda old school I guess but thatís just how I am.
      79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
      69 Stang Vert
      69 Stang Coupe
      92 Stang 5.0 LX
      other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
        The new/late model stuff is cool but wonít be in my budget range now or in the future. Similar to the new truck prices which is why I bought a low mileage used 2001 model earlier this year. I just like being debt free I guess. Iím kinda old school I guess but thatís just how I am.
        I'm right there with ya Tater. I like to look at the new stuff, but know I'll never own any of it. I'm trying to get my debt down to almost nothing hoping I can retire early at 62 in three years. Let the younger folks be a slave to debt, I'm trying to get it where I can enjoy what time I have left, not nearly as much as there was 30-40 years ago but I hope it's still a long time!
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

I'm right there with ya Tater. I like to look at the new stuff, but know I'll never own any of it. I'm trying to get my debt down to almost nothing hoping I can retire early at 62 in three years. Let the younger folks be a slave to debt, I'm trying to get it where I can enjoy what time I have left, not nearly as much as there was 30-40 years ago but I hope it's still a long time!
          I'm on that same train with ya Fellas....... debt is a killer.....I hate it and it's killing the young folks / our country who don't even realize it or seem to give a chit.........

Ryan
          Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

I understand the whole debt thing (Iíve been debt free for a few years (with the exception of my 15 year mortgage I am now down to less than 10 years), but like StangFan stated a few weeks ago after he purchased his 2018 Mustang GT, there are folks out there who have saved, made some financial moves, sold another car, etc etc....and pay cash for a new vehicle.

I myself, have made several comments in past posts that I will more than likely NEVER buy a NEW car, at least until after Iíve retired and have paid off my home. Even then, the NEW car will probably be low mileage, well cared for ONE or TWO year old car, that will still feel new to me....and Iíll pay cash for it. Currently, a $30k+ car doesnít fit into my retirement plan, but is still tempting.

I want to quit my current job in 9 years when I turn 60, when I start drawing my military retirement pension.
            At that time, my home will be paid off, and I plan to pick up an EASY job to carry me thru the age of 65-67, at which time my investments, (401k, and an IRA), as well as social security (I hope itís still there) will carry me thru my golden years.

Iíve mentioned several times throughout the years, working at a Ford dealership has me in the enviable position where sometimes all it takes, for me to scratch that new car ďitchĒ, is a couple of nice long red-line test drives during PDI road tests.
            M&M Member #91
            US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
              Should have been 2018! It would have been the 50th anniversary of the original. I would have probably bought one.
              Same with the Bullitt. The GT/CS and the movie both came out in 1968. Guess the fact that the cars will be available IN 2018 allows them to call them anniversary editions.

I remember you asking me when we were doing the whole brochure thing, if there was a GT/CS in the 2018 brochure, which there wasnít. Kinda sucks that you missed it, but, Iím sure youíre just as happy with yours!!
              The 2015-2016 GT/CS stripe/wheel package really stood out, Iím super excited to see what Ford has up theirs sleeve for the 2019.
              M&M Member #91

Comment

I am more than happy with the 2018 GT. It is an incredible car. If I had to take out a loan however, I would never have spent that kind of money on a toy, but our house is paid for and we both have good pensions and I don't spend much money otherwise.
                Steve - M&M Member #690

1968 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
                2018 Premium GT Fastback Ruby Red

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
                Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

With Pamís new car weíll be looking for 0% financing. For someone good at utilizing capital, thatís even better than paying cash if you make sure they arenít hiding the true cost somewhere in the deal.
                  '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                  My Sprint's restoration progress
                  ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Working...
                  X