Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thatís ďMethedĒ Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thatís ďMethedĒ Up

This is not a good post, rather a follow up.
    Some of you may remember Iíve spoken about the trials and tribulations of my son, who is now 25, and his problems with drugs and getting mixed up with the wrong crowd.
    Sadly, my son discovered heroin a few years ago. Weíve tried to help him, he has been in and out of several rehjabs, and is currently in a methadone program.

The link Iím posting is sort of a way for me to deal with his accomplishments....and failures.

This is the woman who turned him onto heroin. He hasnít seen her in over a year, this story came out today.

His future is still in doubt as this drug is tough to beat, but at the end of the day, he was strong enough to get away from this stupid c%^t.
    Woman in custody after allegedly setting fires around Kauffman Stadium http://via.fox4kc.com/PVEYD
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

I feel for ya, Sub...... Your son is still around to work on it - so don't give up on him!

Ryan
    Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Good Luck. With that said I can say that both my family side n my wifeís side has had relatives that got involved with the Meth crap available these days. To date here thereís nothing positive to come from it. Cutting ties was the last answer here. Either they killed their self or moved far away with surrounding areas that supported their decisions to continue. Sad but I have no regrets after trying to be nice. After seeing my Nephew rob my Grand Parents blind I drew a line.
      79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
      69 Stang Vert
      69 Stang Coupe
      92 Stang 5.0 LX
      other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
        Good Luck. With that said I can say that both my family side n my wifeís side has had relatives that got involved with the Meth crap available these days. To date here thereís nothing positive to come from it. Cutting ties was the last answer here. Either they killed their self or moved far away with surrounding areas that supported their decisions to continue. Sad but I have no regrets after trying to be nice. After seeing my Nephew rob my Grand Parents blind I drew a line.
        Itís especially sad when itís your own child. I saw him this past Sunday, he came up with his mom and his grandpa to a car show I had my Mustang in. Although he looked good, I know deep down itís just another lull in his own personal storm with drugs. I donít really recognize him anymore, whatever conversations we have seem false and inconsequential to both of us as the damage heís caused, not only to me, but his mom AND his sister, is tough to ever forget.
        Anyway, sometimes it helps me to talk about it and hear that itís not only me that is in this kind of situation.
        I did get a text from him last night how he said getting away from her was the best thing he could have done. What sort of turns my stomach is at the beginning of their ďrelationshipĒ, I had this woman in my home. She didnít look like that a couple of years ago.
        M&M Member #91
        US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Thatís so very sad. There are few things worse than a wasted young life. I hope your son gets better, I imagine that it has to be torture to see him struggle with this and not be able to do anything.
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
          My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

I know what you're feeling Craig. My oldest, only one I have left, as we have talked before, is still locked up from his last drug induced crime spree. I haven't seen him or talked to him in several years, my wife and her folks go see him every couple of months. From what she tells me, he hasn't changed, still lying, still too lazy to work, still trying to con people out of money. Has covered his body in tattoos, even on his face and shaved head. He looks like a monster now. He thinks he will get out sometime next year, frankly, I hope he doesn't because I know what it will be if he does. His Grandma, wife's mother, thinks he can do no wrong and she believes every lie he tells her. She even bought a house and had it moved to some property they own for him to live in when he gets out, she's all the time sending him money. He will break them if he gets out. I doubt he'll ever stay a night in that house if he gets out, he'll be back with his dope head friends as soon as he can get ahold of them. As far as I know, he's never done heroin, but has done coke and meth.

I wish you good luck Craig, hope your son does turn his life around. I understand not having any faith in him, too. I lost all faith in mine several years ago. I told him the last time I saw him he was going to have to prove himself to me before I would have anything for him again. He may surprise me, but I don't really see it happening.
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
              Thatís so very sad. There are few things worse than a wasted young life. I hope your son gets better, I imagine that it has to be torture to see him struggle with this and not be able to do anything.
              Thanks Steve!

M&M Member #91

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                I know what you're feeling Craig. My oldest, only one I have left, as we have talked before, is still locked up from his last drug induced crime spree. I haven't seen him or talked to him in several years, my wife and her folks go see him every couple of months. From what she tells me, he hasn't changed, still lying, still too lazy to work, still trying to con people out of money. Has covered his body in tattoos, even on his face and shaved head. He looks like a monster now. He thinks he will get out sometime next year, frankly, I hope he doesn't because I know what it will be if he does. His Grandma, wife's mother, thinks he can do no wrong and she believes every lie he tells her. She even bought a house and had it moved to some property they own for him to live in when he gets out, she's all the time sending him money. He will break them if he gets out. I doubt he'll ever stay a night in that house if he gets out, he'll be back with his dope head friends as soon as he can get ahold of them. As far as I know, he's never done heroin, but has done coke and meth.

I wish you good luck Craig, hope your son does turn his life around. I understand not having any faith in him, too. I lost all faith in mine several years ago. I told him the last time I saw him he was going to have to prove himself to me before I would have anything for him again. He may surprise me, but I don't really see it happening.
                Thanks for your thoughts. Regarding your last paragraph, trust is one thing I will probably never have again with him, and itís sad. When he asks why I donít trust him a
                (you know, after all the theft, rehabs, hurt and pain,etc etc.), I simply tell him ďNick, it took you roughly 8-9 YEARS to get into this mess of a life youíre in now, surely you canít expect me to just forget it overnight just because youíve had a month or two of good behavior (I call it luck). Itís going to take years of good, positive behavior to earn that trust backĒ.
                That idea right there is why we donít talk anymore. Him being a regular, short sighted millennial, he has a hard time seeing past next week, and me, if I donít hear from him, I just figure heís screwing up (using and/or abusing).
                Even though heís on a methadone program for the bad shyt, Iíve caught him still doing Xanax which the methadone has no affect on.
                I know he tries, and when he wants to come over or spend the night or something, I have to say no because I canít leave him in my home when Iím away. Itís up to him, and weíre (his mom and I) finally at that point and have determined his sobriety is completely out of our hands, so we more or less cut him off. Iíll buy him a dinner or sheíll pay for a weeks worth of his methadone treatment, but as far as support, we canít and donít, and he does get it. He realized a few years ago that he is an adult, he has the ways and means to work to support himself, and he knows the ďsystemĒ. With all of that knowledge, he manages.
                Anyway, sorry for the long drawn out ďpoor meĒ post. Sometimes I get started on a thought and the next thing you know, here I am way down the page.
                Last edited by submariner mustanger; 06-09-2018, 05:11 AM.
                M&M Member #91

Comment

Oh yeah, I know. How well I know. One good thing for you is you didn't have to take in your son's child like we did. I love my Grandson, but this was not what I had planned for this stage of my life. And having to deal with all his issues, a lot that were caused by his parents drug abuse, is almost more than we can take sometimes. My wife is not in the best of health and does the best that she can, but I fear there will be a day in the not so distant future when we have to just let him go because we aren't able to handle him anymore. As we all age, he gets stronger.....and more defiant.....while we get weaker. Don't know how much longer we'll be physically able to do it, he can be quite violent at times. He has destructive tendencies, he kept swinging on a room door until he pulled it down, even after being told numerous times to stop and several switchings with a switch. Last night he destroyed the 31" TV in our bedroom by spraying water on it until it quit, he's already destroyed two computer monitors the same way so he knows not to do it , yet he does it anyway. He also has a bad temper, and will throw stuff when he gets mad. He can be calm and loving one minute, and a raging maniac the next. The meds he's on help, but when they start wearing off, look out. We are hoping he grows out of a lot of this, but really, I don't know if we'll be around to see it. The stress is going to kill us.

See, I get carried away talking about it too. I think we all just want to get stuff like this off our chest sometimes.
                  A friend of mine had a saying I'm believing to be true more every day, "Life's a bitch, then you die".

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
                    Thanks for your thoughts. Regarding your last paragraph, trust is one thing I will probably never have again with him, and itís sad. When he asks why I donít trust him a
                    (you know, after all the theft, rehabs, hurt and pain,etc etc.), I simply tell him ďNick, it took you roughly 8-9 YEARS to get into this mess of a life youíre in now, surely you canít expect me to just forget it overnight just because youíve had a month or two of good behavior (I call it luck). Itís going to take years of good, positive behavior to earn that trust backĒ.
                    That idea right there is why we donít talk anymore. Him being a regular, short sighted millennial, he has a hard time seeing past next week, and me, if I donít hear from him, I just figure heís screwing up (using and/or abusing).
                    Even though heís on a methadone program for the bad shyt, Iíve caught him still doing Xanax which the methadone has no affect on.
                    I know he tries, and when he wants to come over or spend the night or something, I have to say no because I canít leave him in my home when Iím away. Itís up to him, and weíre (his mom and I) finally at that point and have determined his sobriety is completely out of our hands, so we more or less cut him off. Iíll buy him a dinner or sheíll pay for a weeks worth of his methadone treatment, but as far as support, we canít and donít, and he does get it. He realized a few years ago that he is an adult, he has the ways and means to work to support himself, and he knows the ďsystemĒ. With all of that knowledge, he manages.
                    Anyway, sorry for the long drawn out ďpoor meĒ post. Sometimes I get started on a thought and the next thing you know, here I am way down the page.
                    Nobody can blame you at all. He needs to learn respect has to be earned, itís never automatically given just because someone wants it. A person is his actions.
                    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                    My Mach's restoration progress
                    My Sprint's restoration progress
                    ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                      Oh yeah, I know. How well I know. One good thing for you is you didn't have to take in your son's child like we did. I love my Grandson, but this was not what I had planned for this stage of my life. And having to deal with all his issues, a lot that were caused by his parents drug abuse, is almost more than we can take sometimes..........The stress is going to kill us.
                      Ford84stepside,
                      I admire you for trying to do the right thing for your grandson, but I have to suggest you don't sacrifice you & your wifes health/life for him. I would see about getting him into a place where they can police his actions 24/7 - which is not something you/your wife can do.

A bit more on my experience:
                      I too, loved my son, but towards the end I couldn't trust to leave him to be out of sight either...for fear he'd steal, do drugs, etc. again. It truly was a struggle, because I wanted to trust him, but KNEW I couldn't. I know he had demons in his head, suffice it to say (without having to go into detail of his multiple surgeries, induced comas, seizures, incarcerations, etc.) he suffered from physical and mental pain, and yet he chose to run with a bad crowd that condoned his over-the-top "self-medicating" practices. It resulted in him being found dead at 28, five years ago.

I am thankful he wasn't married and/or didn't have any children.

He loved to mud- bog, and he left behind a handful of partially-completed trucks. These 'projects' are still at my older son's home.... Two months ago, at the last anniversary of birthday, I had my remaining (older) son's family over to the house and we discussed the need to decide just what to do with the degrading projects. It is a subject that is still painful to discuss for both my son and I, - and easier to avoid than discuss - but they are still waiting to be handled.

Ryan
                      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Ford84stepside,
                        I admire you for trying to do the right thing for your grandson, but I have to suggest you don't sacrifice you & your wifes health/life for him. I would see about getting him into a place where they can police his actions 24/7 - which is not something you/your wife can do.

Ryan
                        I agree Ryan, but the wife won't hear of it. I keep telling her that he will be the death of her, but it falls on deaf ears. I just do what I can.

Comment

I'll try my best to keep this short. I have one child/son and have been a single parent since he was 3, with no mother and/or family support in the picture. At age 5 or 6 my son started lying uncontrollably and quickly got to the point of actually believing his own lies. He is supremely "intelligent" though a total dumbass. Even when caught red handed in a lie, his rationalization technique was that if even one detail of the accusation was, incorrect, it wasn't (in his mind) true! And then when spinning a story, even one point or shred of truth made the whole story true!

Along the way, a close friend's parents (the dad, an Episcopal Minister) sort of took him under their wing as surrogate grandparents, but unfortunately let him get away with murder and coddled him a bit, while I was working 80-ish hours a per week in the entertainment industry. On the other hand, he has always been a really caring, friendly and personably likable human being, though I was often the first victim of convenience & choice for thefts! I will admit to always being a casual drinker and had been a fairly regular pot smoker since my own youth. Never any hard drugs, though I saw and was around them regularly. By his age 14 we moved to Las Vegas, I hooked up with my current spouse and he gravitated to some of the worst folks he could find and started with Sherm Sticks and then onto that home made Meth crap! At 15, he stole our brand new car, wrecked it and came back for our second vehicle and wrecked that also. I had to press charges against him so that he could get locked up, as he was so out of control that I was constantly afraid of the next phone call being to go identify his body on a slab! After almost 2 years in a youth facility and actually getting on track and receiving a real High School Diploma 2 years early (as mentioned, he's very intelligent) stayed out for a year or two then started back on the cycle of drugs and dirtbag buddies, in and out of local municipal jails for various stupidity, theft, vehicular madness, etc, and always reverting back to the meth when released.

At 24, he finally got arrested for grand larceny/burglary, being caught leaving a utility company with so much copper (between 3 & 4 tons of wire) on a pickup truck that he actually popped two tires. He lost his buddy's brand new truck to the police! When he got convicted for a felony charges he went to a real prison for about three years. Upon his conviction, It became evident that my constantly bailing him out of his messes was simply enabling him and other than providing a couple bucks, here and there for soap, etc, in prison and willingness to accept expensive phone calls, I told him I was done helping, until he could prove that he deserved it! He kept his head as low as possible and even opted to commit just enough minor offenses to spend most of his time in solitary, avoiding all the social BS and racial issues, Arian Brotherhood, etc, etc. REAL prison was the wake up call he nedded, and he has asked me for no help since, though I've offered and given a little here and there, when I saw he needed and deserved it

On to the positive side! Upon early release from prison, he went to a half way house and met three other guys with similar stories and they all agreed that none of them ever wanted to go back to prison again. They formed a bond and friendship with the pact that if anyone of them started to mess up, the others would come to their aid, even to the point of a good @$$ kicking, if needed. One of the four fell off and back into prison for life, for manufacture and distribution of that Meth poison, but the others are still close and supportive friends and hang out regularly and share in each others' lives! After the half way house, Gene Jr. spent a few years steadily working his way up the employment ladder. About 6-7 years ago, he met a girl (turned out to be an abusive mother, but that's another story), went through the IBEW electrician's apprenticeship program and is now a Supervising Foreman at construction site of the new Tesla battery plant. He now has a pair of twin boys (he's gonna raise them as a single Dad) likes a few beers and a couple puffs of mother nature on occasion, but is doing pretty well, though he is still and will likely always be my dumbass kid! He spends money like a drunken sailor (made over $100K last year and can't find two nickels to rub together), but in his defense, some of the financial trouble was him being robbed by his wife. She's gone, and on to the next chapter of his life!

It is sad to see the toll that drugs and other physical abuses have taken on him. At nearly 36, his health and body are like that of a man in his late '50s or so! But at least he's alive, loving his two boys and playing with pickup trucks, etc! He's got a '56 Chebbie pickup that he MIGHT have ready to drive in 5-10 years and he certainly does enjoy his toys.

Where There Is Life & Love, There Is Hope!
                          Gene
                          To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
                          '68 coupe/5.0/T5
                          '69 F250
                          '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
                          '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

Oh and FWIW, that home made, non-pharmaceutical, "so called" METH crap, is one of the most evil concoctions ever devised by man! The addiction is at least as hard to kick as heroin or tobacco, and the devastation of health, family, character and lives is even worse! Sure, there were all sorts of "speed/methedrine" things in the past, like black beautys, white crosses, real crystal meth, etc, but none as addictive and destructive as this sh!t!

So Sad For Those Who've Lost & Best Wishes & Prayers For Those Still Fighting The Battle!
                            Gene
                            To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
                            '68 coupe/5.0/T5
                            '69 F250
                            '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
                            '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

Originally posted by horseballz View Post
                              I'll try my best to keep this short. I have one child/son and have been a single parent since he was 3, with no mother and/or family support in the picture. At age 5 or 6 my son started lying uncontrollably and quickly got to the point of actually believing his own lies. He is supremely "intelligent" though a total dumbass. Even when caught red handed in a lie, his rationalization technique was that if even one detail of the accusation was, incorrect, it wasn't (in his mind) true! And then when spinning a story, even one point or shred of truth made the whole story true!

Along the way, a close friend's parents (the dad, an Episcopal Minister) sort of took him under their wing as surrogate grandparents, but unfortunately let him get away with murder and coddled him a bit, while I was working 80-ish hours a per week in the entertainment industry. On the other hand, he has always been a really caring, friendly and personably likable human being, though I was often the first victim of convenience & choice for thefts! I will admit to always being a casual drinker and had been a fairly regular pot smoker since my own youth. Never any hard drugs, though I saw and was around them regularly. By his age 14 we moved to Las Vegas, I hooked up with my current spouse and he gravitated to some of the worst folks he could find and started with Sherm Sticks and then onto that home made Meth crap! At 15, he stole our brand new car, wrecked it and came back for our second vehicle and wrecked that also. I had to press charges against him so that he could get locked up, as he was so out of control that I was constantly afraid of the next phone call being to go identify his body on a slab! After almost 2 years in a youth facility and actually getting on track and receiving a real High School Diploma 2 years early (as mentioned, he's very intelligent) stayed out for a year or two then started back on the cycle of drugs and dirtbag buddies, in and out of local municipal jails for various stupidity, theft, vehicular madness, etc, and always reverting back to the meth when released.

At 24, he finally got arrested for grand larceny/burglary, being caught leaving a utility company with so much copper (between 3 & 4 tons of wire) on a pickup truck that he actually popped two tires. He lost his buddy's brand new truck to the police! When he got convicted for a felony charges he went to a real prison for about three years. Upon his conviction, It became evident that my constantly bailing him out of his messes was simply enabling him and other than providing a couple bucks, here and there for soap, etc, in prison and willingness to accept expensive phone calls, I told him I was done helping, until he could prove that he deserved it! He kept his head as low as possible and even opted to commit just enough minor offenses to spend most of his time in solitary, avoiding all the social BS and racial issues, Arian Brotherhood, etc, etc. REAL prison was the wake up call he nedded, and he has asked me for no help since, though I've offered and given a little here and there, when I saw he needed and deserved it

On to the positive side! Upon early release from prison, he went to a half way house and met three other guys with similar stories and they all agreed that none of them ever wanted to go back to prison again. They formed a bond and friendship with the pact that if anyone of them started to mess up, the others would come to their aid, even to the point of a good @$$ kicking, if needed. One of the four fell off and back into prison for life, for manufacture and distribution of that Meth poison, but the others are still close and supportive friends and hang out regularly and share in each others' lives! After the half way house, Gene Jr. spent a few years steadily working his way up the employment ladder. About 6-7 years ago, he met a girl (turned out to be an abusive mother, but that's another story), went through the IBEW electrician's apprenticeship program and is now a Supervising Foreman at construction site of the new Tesla battery plant. He now has a pair of twin boys (he's gonna raise them as a single Dad) likes a few beers and a couple puffs of mother nature on occasion, but is doing pretty well, though he is still and will likely always be my dumbass kid! He spends money like a drunken sailor (made over $100K last year and can't find two nickels to rub together), but in his defense, some of the financial trouble was him being robbed by his wife. She's gone, and on to the next chapter of his life!

It is sad to see the toll that drugs and other physical abuses have taken on him. At nearly 36, his health and body are like that of a man in his late '50s or so! But at least he's alive, loving his two boys and playing with pickup trucks, etc! He's got a '56 Chebbie pickup that he MIGHT have ready to drive in 5-10 years and he certainly does enjoy his toys.

Where There Is Life & Love, There Is Hope!
                              Gene
                              Thats a great post Gene, and believe it or not DOES give me a little hope. Iíve never lost hope, but it does dwindle as my son ages.
                              My son has had his fair share of legal issues, the majority of them being DUI related. At the young age of 25, he has racked up 3 of them, 2 for alcohol, 1 for meth. The latest DUI (about 18 months ago) he was driving his girlfriends jeep (while she was laid up in the hospital for a drug injection related infection), got drunk, was pulled over, then when the cop got out of his vehicle, my son decided starting the jeep and running off was a ďgoodĒ idea. Anyway, to make a long story short, he ran off the road, hit a tree and totaled the jeep. He called me from jail giving me some story about how he absolutely HAD to get out of jail because he had to work the next day, and if he lost his job he would be in violation of his current probation. I quickly reminded him ďhey dummy, isnít drinking/driving/running from police/crashing a vehicle, all WITHOUT a valid drivers license, ALSO a probation violation? Lol!!
                              Anyway, he can be a smart kid, but is dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to common sense, and how much of that is because of the 8+ years of elicit drug use, the 4-5 overdoses (that we know of)....his mom and I will never know.
                              NO, we did not bail him out, and quit bailing him out years ago.

Anyway, thatís just just ONE of many ridiculous stories of a day in the life of my son. I could write a book about the stories. My biggest fear at this point in his life, are a couple of things. First and foremost, the fact that he was drunk and driving and then decided to run from the cops tells me he values OTHERS lives very little, so I cringe at the thought that he could kill another person doing something drunk or high, and the other worry is that he overdosed again one day....and he DOESNíT wake up, but rather becomes a vegetable where someone or some entity has to take care of him for the rest of his life. We always have these candid conversations about that when heís in the hospital, he cries, he gets it.....but then we learn he ODíd again, etc.
                              What a shytty life he leads. I always ask myself why he chooses it, and the answer is always.......because he is an addict.
                              Last edited by submariner mustanger; 06-10-2018, 09:21 AM.
                              M&M Member #91

Comment

Working...
                              X