Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye to an old friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people that bought our car seem to think more highly of it than we did:

https://www.dansautomotiverepairands...icle-inventory

Fortunately I think I was closer to reality than they are.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
      The people that bought our car seem to think more highly of it than we did:

https://www.dansautomotiverepairands...icle-inventory

Fortunately I think I was closer to reality than they are.
      Like I mentioned earlier, outfits like that are known to specialize in the “buy here/pay here” type business. They will get some poor sap who doesn’t have a lick of credit, finance that car for the full amount at some ridiculous interest rate, then 6 months later when the person loses his job or goes to jail, it gets repo’d, and the whole process starts all over again. Irritates the heck out of me that a great car like that will probably end up in the hands of someone who will never appreciate it.
      At the end of the day, you’re not in the business to sell/finance cars, you feel you got a fair price, so let those dummies take on the problem buyers out there. Somebody has to I guess.
      M&M Member #91
      Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
      US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Bobby, we see tons of Taurus and Sable cars around here.
        Unofficial, unscientific poll: 3 days, 3 major cities, Memphis, Murfreesboro, Birmingham. Results: 5 cars spotted- 2 oval grille models, 1 500 era car, 2 newest model Taurus. May be a regional thing, IDK. MANY MORE imports and pickups than anything else.

As to the buy here, pay here deal, been there, did that. Most of the time it's high mileage, overpriced cars with double or triple interest rates. You do what you have to do sometimes. They have a place to fill, some are better than others. Better off getting your own financing if you can, but sometimes that just isn't possible.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Wow, I’d see more than five Sable/Taurus cars before I got on the highway two miles away.

Comment

The dealer that bought Pam’’s Sable contacted me asking a few questions about the car and at the end the guy said his sister has been driving in and fell in love with it, and they’ve been impressed by how nice and tight the car is so they’re keeping it for her personal car.

I think we sold that car ten years too early.

Comment

The dealer that bought Pam’’s Sable contacted me asking a few questions about the car and at the end the guy said his sister has been driving in and fell in love with it, and they’ve been impressed by how nice and tight the car is so they’re keeping it for her personal car.

I think we sold that car ten years too early.
              Actually, I think that’s a good ending! The guy (used car dealer) who bought the car, instead of selling it to make a buck, kept it in his family because he recognized what a great car it was.

Coming from a used car dealer, (who I’m sure has MANY cars in his inventory to spread around to family and friends) that’s a major compliment....(but I’m sure you already knew what a good car it was....)
              M&M Member #91
              Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
              US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

I saw it on his website for the whole time, priced at $4,250 which was wildly overpriced. Maybe it was just that he really didn’t want to sell it.

Comment

Working...
                X