Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ion battery pack (s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ion battery pack (s)

I want to share my experience with everyone so you dont have any problems.

I have a Halo Bolt in my coupe in case of battery failure. I used it twice on my lawn tractor but it still showed as fully charged.
    I had taken my coupe out to fill the tank & then it wouldnt start . I connected the Halo unit, showed ready & turned the key.
    nothing.
    it now showed only 75% charged but still would not crank over the car. had a buddy come out & we jump started the coupe
    with his truck.

after asking around it seems these units work ok for a car but must be fully charged. you will get 1 or 2 tries for a car & it then needs to be charged.
    so if you carry one of these be sure it is fully charged before going out on the road.

btw, the battery in the coupe had a cell go bad. $120 later & off I cruised........................
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Good to know Keith. I do have a Halo Bolt in the Edge for that reason.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Dave & Terri
    M&M#166 MCA#47921
    '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
    '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
    '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
    '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
    "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

We have two Schumacher units and I keep one in the van and the other in Pamís car. The one in the van Iíve had for probably five years now and used it on many cars without a problem but I do charge it after every use. I think they are just as important as spare tires, and I like the fact that if Iím helping someone else get their car started Iím not putting my own vehicles charging system at risk.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
      My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Thank you for the insight on these. I may have to look into picking one up, they sound handy.
        1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
        347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
        363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
        244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

to confirm the way these units work,
          if anyone has a better or worse experience with one of these I would like to know the details of the event, Thanks
          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

I had an off brand one that worked pretty good for a while. When it finally got to where it wouldn't charge, I took it apart. The battery was the same thing as one of those kids ride on toys! A sealed 12 volt like a motorcycle battery. So, you can't really expect them to have many reserve amps, they just aren't large enough. If you get a couple of uses between charges, I'd say that was pretty normal. Some probably do better than others.
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
            X