Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Most Fun Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Most Fun Gun

Thought I'd start a thread dedicated the your go to gun that you grab out of the safe to just go have fun with.

Remember, you can only pick one!

I'll start. Right away was going to go with a shotgun but for senseless fun I have to go with my Scorpion EVO. Even the kids love it. Can't explain why. Just pure fun.

1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
    363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

I've got the CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine ............. 9mm .............. and lots of fun !!

Eddie "D"
    '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
    M&M Member #339.

Comment

Did you get a suppressor for yours Eddie? Keep thinking about it being they come with a threaded barrel but donít know if itís worth the hassle.

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

No Poppy, that's a 'faux' suppressor. I hear it's still about an 8 month BATF wait. You're young so I'd go for it. As old as I am, I may be DEAD by the time they approve it !
        Eddie "D"
        "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
        M&M Member #339.

Comment

Those look like they're b'dass, I might have to pick one up.

As far as the one I've had the most fun with, it's the old AK-47. I leave it in my work truck and it's just handy to grab. After a while, the rattly ol' thing kinda grew on me.

I have a few cans I'm waiting for. I'm hoping they clear in October, but they'll probably be November. I need to get a paper sent in on an AR short barrel, but can't decide which lower I want to "tag".
          Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

Can't beat the AK for durability that's for sure. My ex BIL has one and I always wondered why he loves that rattly wore out thing, especially when handling it side by side with one of my M4 or AR's. Well, after having to spend more time getting the gunk out from behind the gas tube than he has spent cleaning the whole rifle, I understood, lol.

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by 23Alt View Post
              As far as the one I've had the most fun with, it's the old AK-47. I leave it in my work truck and it's just handy to grab. After a while, the rattly ol' thing kinda grew on me.

I have a few cans I'm waiting for. I'm hoping they clear in October, but they'll probably be November. I need to get a paper sent in on an AR short barrel, but can't decide which lower I want to "tag".
              That AK is the best, everyday, combat rifle ever produced, and if I had to go to war again, it's the (Avtomat Kalashnikova model 1947).... AKA the AK-47 I would take.
              And the 7.62 x 39 cartridge that Mikhail Kalashnikov used for his rifle, is the round I'd use.

The Russians from the old Soviet Union always loved to copy what the U.S.had. Especially weapons of war. After Vietnam ended, the Russians saw that the 'new' U.S. rifle, the M-16, used and fired a small caliber round, moving at "hyper" speed.
              So what did they do ? They developed the AK-74 which fired an ALMOST identical round as the M-16's 5.56x45 mm. The Russkies new round was the 5.45◊39mm.

Old "Mikey" Kalashnikov, a country wide HERO in Russia, was pissed off, and sarcastically joked about how the "powers that be" always think American stuff is better than the Soviet stuff.
              With the SEVERAL ... and I mean SEVERAL, like multi millions of AK-47's produced, since not only the Soviets made them, but all Communist Bloc countries, many Middle East Arab countries, as well as Egypt manufactured them. And look at the old Israel Battle Rifle, the GALIL. A basic copy of the AK, but with a NATO cartridge, and a bipod with a bottle opener...

With all of that, you'd think the Mister Kalashnikov would be a MULTI, MULTI MILLIONAIRE ....But no he's not. He lived comfortably in a small apartment with a small pension.
              That's why the U.S. will ALWAYS be ahead in weapon technology. Including air craft, naval ships, infantry weapons and everything else. It's called CAPITALISM. Invent something new, and technologically superior to any weapon we, or any other country has, and you will be come very, very rich.
              Eddie "D"
              M&M Member #339.

Comment

As for most fun, I know you said I could only pick one, but that's a tuff choice. It would depend on the mood and what I was going to do. But it would be between two rifles; either my AK-47, or my Ruger 10/22. The nice thing about the Ruger is you could put a whole brick of ammo thru it and still have spent less than 50 bucks.
                Rob Hetzler
                M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Great call on the 10/22. Great plinker. When my boys and I go out to shoot clays, we pick up all of the casings and reuse them for targets with the .22. Almost as much fun trying to knock them over.

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

The 10/22's just a plain ol' good thing to have. I've done that, too, stand old shotgun shells up and shoot 'em for practice. It's been a while since I've had it out, I should use it more.
                    Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

this is a tie for me as I cannot decide which is more fun, my Colt target AR or my 28 gauge, side by side that I picked up earlier this
                      year for hunting & occasional sporting clays......

Keith
                      34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Last time I shot anything of mine it was my 12 ga Mossberg pump at some crows resting in some trees in my yard. My .22 auto rifle hasn't been out of the closet in a year or two, my .38 spl stays in the big truck, my .22 NAA 5 shot derringer stays in my pocket. Just don't have the time to fool with any of them....
                        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by blue34 View Post
                          this is a tie for me as I cannot decide which is more fun, my Colt target AR or my 28 gauge, side by side that I picked up earlier this
                          year for hunting & occasional sporting clays......

Keith
                          Agree'd 100% Those small gauge double barrels are a blast. I picked up a 20 ga. home defense short barrel(s) with day glow sights and it's a hoot without a bruised shoulder the next day.

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

My 20 gauge will kick the snot out of ya. A box of shells thru it and you end up with a black and blue shoulder.
                            It's an Ithaca model 37 Ultra-Featherlight.
                            Rob Hetzler
                            M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                            Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

It must be the light weight Rob, not? I have an old 20 gauge single shot like that. Kicks way harder than my 12 ga. 870 Express.

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Working...
                              X