Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer time

The absolutely best time of the year in my opinion. Mother Nature isn’t constantly trying to kill you or ruin your possessions, you don’t have to spend money heating your house, and the ladies wear less shrouding, as this classic photo depicts. Just ignore the guy with his feet on his car, if my memory serves me was a Hot Rod magazine editor, maybe Jon Asher or John Dianna, I think.

75B5B614-79F7-49D0-B391-68159AB6ACE7.jpeg
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Love them white shorts...
    Steve - M&M Member #690

1968 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
    2018 Premium GT Fastback Ruby Red

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
    Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Looks like Pat "Too Tall" Gahnal. Love the matching white shorts, too!

It's been too hot down here to do anything outside. Heat + humidty is rough. 30 mins outside has you hunting a shade or the AC. I won't get much done now until fall. I can't take the heat like I used too.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
        Love them white shorts...
        I agree, they are definitely something worth looking into.

Comment

I prefer Spring & Fall.
          Mike & Robin Grentus
          69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
          08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
          00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
          99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
          14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
          M&M Member #- 890
          MCA #- 4549
          My 69 Coupe build album
          http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

I`ll take sweater weather any time. hardly any bugs around & you dont work up a sweat easily.........
            34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Mike65 View Post
              I prefer Spring & Fall.
              I'm right there with ya!
              ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
              -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
              -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
              " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

back when i was working for my dad many years ago, i went into a supermarket to service my displays, and low and behold an angelic vision in the tiniest bikini i have ever seen was doing some shopping. needless to say us sales guys were quite distracted.

too bad this was long before cell phones, otherwise i would have taken pictures to post up.
                64 falcon
                66 mustang
                76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
                and life is but an illusion

Comment

I'm with you Steve. About my only complaint with summer is it's too short. About the time I get done with powerwashing, painting, weeding, repairing fences, and all the other crap that winter caused it's fall again. Did I mention powerwashing? if so its worth another mention.
                  Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ci8UUP View Post
                    I'm with you Steve. About my only complaint with summer is it's too short. About the time I get done with powerwashing, painting, weeding, repairing fences, and all the other crap that winter caused it's fall again. Did I mention powerwashing? if so its worth another mention.
                    Exactly. If you live in a climate that has harsh winters it seems like half your summer is just fixing what winter has messed up. We just did the power wash and we’re about 1/4 of the way with the painting and 1/4 of the way fixing the lawn.

Comment

Well I wouldn't call my winters here harsh, but it's damaging here because of the constant dampness and darkness rather than cold, anything made of wood you better figure on replacing in under 10 years. They don't make the pressure treated 4X4's for fences with the good chemicals from yesteryear so I'm always replacing them as they rot and fall over. The constant damp and dark also creates moss and algae buildup, so you powerwash and you can see the green coming off everything, then as you pointed out the lawn also takes a big hit, especially with moss.

I would recommend to anyone who plans to move to climate like this buy yourself the biggest baddest @ss power washer you can get your hands on and you will save yourself lots of hours (and save your back as well). I would pay someone to do it but I'm fearful of the damage they might do.
                      Ron

Comment

I prefer summer even though it's road construction season here. Everywhere, all hours of the day. Everyday.
                        Rick Stevens
                        Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                        - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                        - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                          I prefer summer even though it's road construction season here. Everywhere, all hours of the day. Everyday.
                          We call that 2 seasons of driving... winter and construction
                          Ron

Comment

I prefer Spring n Fall also. Sunday at the track was tolerable until your in the staging lanes strapped in the car. Lol. Heck it went from Winter to Summer pretty quick n has rained soooo much that I haven’t even had our 69 Convertible out for it’s first ride yet after all the work put into it. Grrrr
                            79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
                            69 Stang Vert
                            69 Stang Coupe
                            92 Stang 5.0 LX
                            other DD's

Comment

Big fall and winter fan here but summer can be a blast as well. Not a fan of spring. In a rush to get everything ready for summer and it rains all of the time
                              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                              363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Working...
                              X