Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blast From The Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast From The Past

This is gonna be a seriously BORING post....because I have no pics, no links, no nothing....but I jumped in the Mach 1 to go see my dad today. As I was nearing his house, coming the other way, was a 1983 or 1984 Mustang 5.0 LX coupe.....with T TOPS....and he had the T Tops off!
    I almost turned around to follow him so I could take a couple of pics but we were both doing 45-55 MPH in opposite directions.
    Now that’s a car you NEVER see!!
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

A coupe with t-tops? That must be something someone modified, right? Were they available on a coupe?
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Didn't see many hatches with T Tops, I've never seen a coupe with them!
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

When I was working for a Ford new car dealership in the late 70's & early 80's I only saw hatchbacks with the t-tops. Ford started making them on the Mustang II's, then carried them over to the Fox bodies. According a google search someone on stangnet says the Coupes had them too, & there is a pic of one in post #-3.
        https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...t-tops.539865/
        Mike & Robin Grentus
        69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
        08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
        00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
        99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
        14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
        M&M Member #- 890
        MCA #- 4549
        My 69 Coupe build album
        http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

My sister had an '85 GT with T-tops. That was a neat car. I liked it a lot.
          It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
          '66 Coupe C code
          '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

From the website http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ri-and-Mustang, directly from the Mustang database guru himself, Kevin Marti.
            I had a buddy in high school that had one. They are VERY rare. I can’t even remember last time I saw one.
            Last edited by submariner mustanger; 07-08-2018, 01:18 PM.
            M&M Member #91
            US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Here’s a NICE one!! ‘84 with the 1982 GT front end. Pretty cool,
              https://youtu.be/8eWYLqp5wwg
              M&M Member #91

Comment

A bit so nice one.
                https://youtu.be/Otw-_WIwjpY
                M&M Member #91

Comment

Damn, just when you think you have seen just about everything with Fords you find something new. I don’t even remember seeing pictures of them!
                  '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                  My Sprint's restoration progress
                  ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                    Damn, just when you think you have seen just about everything with Fords you find something new. I don’t even remember seeing pictures of them!
                    I was shocked to see it just driving down the road, that’s why I had to start a topic about it

I REALLY should have chased him down but I was on a 6 lane road, I couldn’t just cut a U-turn, and would have had to haul ass just to catch him. Didn’t want to do anything stupid just for another look.

When i I was a senior in high school (1985), I had a buddy who had a red ‘81 or ‘82 5.0 notchback with T-tops.....AND....a 5 speed!! Gosh that was one fun car!!! Of course, back then, it wasn’t a rare car or anything....but being an 18 year old kid, it was just fun as hell!!
                    That car was THE inspiration to buy my first Mustang ....my 1984 Mustang GT. It was a black 5 speed with a factory removable sunroof.
                    M&M Member #91

Comment

Working...
                    X