Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustangs and More Pic Contest, ROUND FOUR---Your favorite FORD Truck!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustangs and More Pic Contest, ROUND FOUR---Your favorite FORD Truck!

Steve L has picked the category "Your favorite FORD truck". So post up pics you haven't already posted before of some FORD trucks! Your pic with your camera [or phone camera] of FORD trucks. yours, a friends, or just one you saw that you liked well enough to make a pic of.

Submissions will be closed July 28, 2018 at 5PM CDT.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Trucks.... do Broncos fall into that category?
      Rick Stevens
      Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
      - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
      - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        Trucks.... do Broncos fall into that category?
        Yeah, we'll let Broncos in. I'd say any truck based SUV would be Ok, but no fwd stuff. Rancheros qualify, too.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

OK, here's my submission:

The story behind it:

It's my dad's '74/'75 F250. Back in '74 he bought a used '74 2WD F250 with a 360 2V and 4-speed (the body in the picture). Then in '77 he bought a really rough '75 F250 4WD with a 360 2V and 4-speed. I learned to drive with those 2 pickups, starting by sitting on my knees and guiding the 4WD through the field in 1st gear and 4-low pulling a bale trailer. I was 5 when I started doing that. Eventually I got to the point that I could sit down and look between the dash and steering wheel along with reaching the pedals. By about 9 I was following him from field to field at a whopping 15mph. It's kind of funny that it actually would have been legal if I was driving the tractor and he was driving the pickup, but it made more sense for me to drive the pickup. Ah, the good old days. Anyway, sometime in the late 70's the engine in the 2WD gave up and he found a 390 out of a '67 Cyclone and proceeded to transplant that into it. He ended up having to drill and tap the exhaust ports so he could run pickup headers. Eventually the engine got rebuilt and it ended up with pickup heads on it instead of the C6AE-R's. Otherwise he put all of the GT parts back in it. Meanwhile, the body was getting to be pretty bad on the 4WD and the suspension was getting pretty bad on the 2WD. He decided to make one pickup out of it and used the 2WD body on the 4WD chassis and put the 390 4V into it. That's what's in the picture. There were differences in the frame and gas tank arrangements, so we had to drill some new holes and found out that the front tank from the 2WD could be rotated 90 degrees and mounted over the rear differential. There is now only 1 tank and it gets filled up from the rear opening. He's actually looking at selling it, so if you happen to know someone looking for an old highboy, this is still a working truck. Oh yea, a couple of years ago the 750 vacuum secondary Holley was giving us fits, so we stuck a 750 double pumper on it. The first test drive resulted in needing to replace both engine mounts (which was done the next week). It still runs pretty good for an old farm truck!

68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
          '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
          Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

That’s some cool stuff Steve! Thanks for sharing. When did you find time for your phone, iPad and laptop back when you were learning to drive and haul the bale trailer??? Lol
            79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
            69 Stang Vert
            69 Stang Coupe
            92 Stang 5.0 LX
            other DD's

Comment

My favorite Ford truck would have to be this 53 F-100 I saw at a local cruise in a couple years ago.

Mike & Robin Grentus
              69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
              08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
              00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
              99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
              14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
              M&M Member #- 890
              MCA #- 4549
              My 69 Coupe build album
              http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
                That’s some cool stuff Steve! Thanks for sharing. When did you find time for your phone, iPad and laptop back when you were learning to drive and haul the bale trailer??? Lol
                Thanks. Back then the phone was on the wall, a laptop was someplace you sat and no such thing as an iPad (etch-a-sketch was the closest thing). I think I finally got a flip phone and desktop computer when I was in college. The computer I'm typing on now is the first laptop I've actually owned, and was a hand-me-down from my wife.

68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
                '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
                Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

DSCF1952.JPG

The 69 on the left followed me home about a month ago, so now there are three, a 69 F-100 Ranger, a 70 F-100 Ranger XLT, and a 71 F-250 Custom. They all run and drive, but need plenty of TLC. If I live and have enough time, I'd like to paint them all identical and take them to shows. For now, I'm happy to have them all lined up near my bedroom window.
                  Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
                  71 F-250 4x2
                  88 F-150 4X2

Comment

100_2739.JPG100_2841.JPG
                    100_2766.JPG1. 1940 Ford pickup
                    2. 195? Ford bus
                    3. 1966 F 100

Number 3 used to belong to my bro in law, it was blue and white. Only rust was a quarter sized hole in the bed floor. A friend of mine bought it, stripped it down to the frame, new suspension, built 302 with a C4, later replaced that with an even more built 351W. He did everything but the seat upholstery, this was his first ever paint job.

Comment

You could remove the question mark from #2, that would be a 55. (Disclaimer - it could be a 56 or 57, it wasn't impossible for a company to use parts from a few years past on the bigger vehicles, I've seen that happen with 79 brand x busses, not sure if Ford did it. But that's a 55 grille.)
                      Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
                      71 F-250 4x2
                      88 F-150 4X2

Comment

That F100 is really sharp. Any more pictures of it?
                        Rick Stevens
                        Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                        - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                        - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                          That F100 is really sharp. Any more pictures of it?
                          Yeah, but I'll have to find them. I'll post them in another thread, don't want to clutter up this submission thread too much. For a first time, he really knocked it out of the park. His father in law helped him a bunch, but he did his own bodywork and paint.

Comment

I know there's got to more nice trucks out there! post'em up!

Comment

I picked up a picture this week of a truck I REALLY liked the looks of, but since I won last month I feel funny posting it.
                              '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                              My Sprint's restoration progress
                              ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X