Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tree cutting how to...............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tree cutting how to...............

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0BLsYRfgHWI
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Crazy. People don't realize how much weight/power those suckers have. My mom had a huge (~18" diameter) oak branch come down out of a tree in her backyard. Crushed a chain link fence. I went up and started cutting it up, but got very nervous because it was wedged about 30' up the tree while the small end lay on the ground. I cut it back little by little until I got to the initial ground contact. At that point, I knew that at any point it could shift and that huge branch would come down out of the tree unpredictably. I strategically placed myself behind another tree as I was cutting. Glad I did because that sucker spun and bounced up and smacked the tree I was behind. /deep breath!
    It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
    '66 Coupe C code
    '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

I've had my share of close calls. But so many of the vids above show a rope on the tree, but it's too slack to do any good. It has to be kept tight the whole time, and ropes can break. I have about 120' of 1/4 inch chain that I use. I have a couple more big trees to get down this fall, one could fall on my house if I don't get it done soon.
      Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
      71 F-250 4x2
      88 F-150 4X2

Comment

Working...
      X