Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer

For over 15 years Iíve done charity work with the American cancer socoiety and with the medical professionals. Wasnít until June 28th when I got to see what all these people truly do . I was diagnosed with kidney cancer on June 10th went in on June 28th to have my kidney removed . A month later Iím still struggling with energy but doing much better. Nurses are amazing what they are asked to do daily and deal with . The American cancer society offered moral support all along. You think itíll never be you until it is .
    M&M #1240
    Apr 2001
    Ron

So sorry to hear of the news, glad you are doing better. I had skin cancer removed from my back way back in 1996 from all the years of being in the sun.
    Mike & Robin Grentus
    69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
    08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
    00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
    99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
    14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
    M&M Member #- 890
    MCA #- 4549
    My 69 Coupe build album
    http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

So whatís your prognosis? Have they been able to tell you anything?
      Iím trying not to read too much into your post but I think your post sounds positive.
      I speak for myself...but Iím pretty sure I speak for all us long termers here, Iím keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....and donít hesitate to post/vent here....weíre here to listen and offer any moral support you may need! Take care of yourself buddy!!
      M&M Member #91
      Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
      US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Prognosis is very good I real have some tests in December just to be sure . I was very lucky to have had kidney stones as that lead to them discovering the kidney cancer early . I did have to take a month off work mostly without pay thanks to me amazing wife we will get threw it. Iím a manager so I work 12-14 hour days normally those will have to be reduced to 10-12 hours until I can do more . I manage a gym for the past two years another lucky event for me as I was in better shape then I have been in years . And last but definitely not least my wife has been an icu nurse for over 20 years . All those factors have lead to a very successful recovery. None the less the fatigue is very challenging as Iím told itíll take 3mos to over a year to get back to normal . It was a life changing and humbling event for me. Iím so thankful for things I took for granted. I truly appreciate all of the support for this and everything for the many years Iíve been a part of this incredible family .
        M&M #1240
        Apr 2001
        Ron

Comment

sorry to hear this Ron. my thoughts & prayers for you................

Keith
          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Wow, thatís sad to hear but good that you are getting better. Keep up the progress, the world needs all the good people possible.
            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
            My Sprint's restoration progress
            ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Ron, glad your doing better! My parents died from cancer, and my wife has a new kidney, so I've seen the fatigue. Glad you've got good people around you!
              1969 Fastback
              1971 Mach 1
              1971 Coupe
              1972 Ranchero GT
              1992 F150

Comment

Hang in there Ron. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it. The energy will come back...just stay the course! Prayers from my end of the world!
                It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
                '66 Coupe C code
                '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Hope it stays gone Ron, this stuff is rampid nowadays.

Comment

Ron, if Iím not being too personal, how is your wife doing?

Comment

Steve she is doing much better since itís mostly behind us thanks for asking. As we know this kind of things can be harder on our family and partners then us . Thanks for all the replies but please if you think something isnít right please go get it ckecked out .
                      M&M #1240
                      Apr 2001
                      Ron

Comment

Two days ago I found out I have thyroid cancer now my main reason for sharing is to urge you all to please go get checked out go to your doctor I still feel lucky I have a great family I loving life good friends and he thyroid cancer is way easier than kidney By the way I was also my birthday when I found out happy birthday to me LOL please schedule appointment to see your doctor Iíll get off my soapbox thank you
                        M&M #1240
                        Apr 2001
                        Ron

Comment

again Ron, many thoughts & prayers for you and your family....................

Keith
                          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Ron. Stay strong, weíre here when you need to vent.

Comment

Thanks I can use all positive thoughts and support I can get ! Iím not a quitter ever ! But dam there are days I want to break down but my family and wife need me to be strong and thatís the only Iím good at. Thanks and I know I will be fine. Maybe itís my ex wifeís wishes coming true
                              M&M #1240
                              Apr 2001
                              Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X