Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M&M Pic contest ROUND 5--What did you start with? Under destruction or construction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&M Pic contest ROUND 5--What did you start with? Under destruction or construction

OK, M&Mer's, for this round, lets see what you started with! Let's see those bones! Can be when you first drove or dragged that project home, or after you started tearing it apart, or in the process of putting it back together! Destruction or construction, anything goes! Can be your current project, or one from years ago you no longer have, just some good shots of the process.

Same rules as before, must be your pic taken by you, no people in pic except in background, 3 submissions allowed per member, best ones will be chosen for voting the round winner. I know most all of us have some kind of construction pics, so this should be a easy round with lots of pics! Open to all M&M members!
    Final submissions will close on Aug 25 at 5PM CDT. Cutting the time down a week because it seems like everybody gets there's in the first two weeks.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Here's what I started with this time around on the Cougar:

This is where it was sitting in the back of the old shed. The outside hasn't had anything done to it other than some cleaning, but I've spent quite a bit of time replacing structural steel and generally getting it ready for the road after 15 years of inactivity.
    68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
    '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
    Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

https://s20.postimg.cc/t19ei4wxp/work.jpg

this is the closest pic I have for the contest, I dont take many pictures .......
      this was from the radiator repair.............
      34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Here is my 69 Coupe when I got it home back in 2001. Sorry about the poor Polaroid pic, but this is the only one I have.

When I had it towed home there was only the fenders, trunk lid, the steering column, & the lower dash, everything else was gone. The car was being stripped for parts for other Mustangs. Since my Mustang spent all of its life in NJ I have had to replace a lot of structural steel & sheet metal to get the body to where it is solid again.

Here is a shot with the tail light panel removed & the new l/s trunk floor & rear gas tank support panel installed.

Started welding in the new r/s Quarter skin after replacing the r/s outer wheel house.

Last edited by Mike65; 08-10-2018, 01:36 PM.
        Mike & Robin Grentus
        69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
        08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
        00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
        99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
        14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
        M&M Member #- 890
        MCA #- 4549
        My 69 Coupe build album
        http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

My Mach on the day I got it after being shipped from it’s San Francisco home. (Notice the 1969 left front fender, non-Mach grille, and 1968 wheelcovers, my first three hints of what I was going to run into.)

A6AE18E5-DBDA-4340-A4B7-B762561806F3.jpeg
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Wow, was that body that wrinkled up or was the paint making it like that? That door and hood look rough!

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

There were no panels left straight. It was a TON of work to make right.

Comment

Here's one of the Lincoln when I drug it home

100_1709_zpsfba4a240.jpg

Here's one of my Maverick

powederpuff092.jpg

powederpuff093.jpg

Another of the Maverick, from the rear. Both taken in Charlotte NC at the guys house I bought it at.

Comment

Come on, I know ya'll got some old pics out there somewhere! I know before digital most of us didn't take a lot of pics, but most of us have gotten or started a project since digital became affordable!

Comment

Countdown: 4 days left to get your pics in!

Comment

Let me present.... Tubby the Quarterhorse getting fitted for new shoes. I was going for the pro-stock type of setup with ride height, tire/wheel tuck, etc.

psv2.jpg

And.... since we don't have a paint pic up for consideration:

paint6.JPG
                      Rick Stevens
                      Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                      - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                      - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

These pics aren't up for consideration, just conversational, but do you ever look back on old build pics and think, "What in the Sam Hell was I thinking?". I didn't have a tubing bender so I mocked up my cage up with 1" EMT and then had a local chassis builder do my bends for me in real bars. I am looking at the rocker bars where they attach to the main hoop and wondering why I had a tube in a tube? I know those bars are one piece and very solidly welded in.

cage8.JPG

Or along those lines.... How about how many clamps can we use in a short span?

rail_addition.JPG

Rick Stevens
                        Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                        - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                        - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                          My Mach on the day I got it after being shipped from it’s San Francisco home. (Notice the 1969 left front fender, non-Mach grille, and 1968 wheelcovers, my first three hints of what I was going to run into.)

A6AE18E5-DBDA-4340-A4B7-B762561806F3.jpeg
                          Wow, such a transformation, great work Steve!!!
                          1970 Mach 1, my wife's first car purchased for $1800 in 1977. .30 over 351 Cleveland 4V FMX tranny. Best ET with 3:00 to 1 gears 13.9 @ 102 mph

Comment

Originally posted by fredfordguy View Post

Wow, such a transformation, great work Steve!!!
                            Thanks, Mike.

Comment

Submissions closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X