Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't catch a break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New alternator on and working good. Now see what F's up this week....
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

And the saga continues..........

Coming down out of TN this morning,riding along, all the sudden I hear a belt squeal, then, clunk. Nowhere to pull off, keep a watch on gauges, temp slowly rising. Ease on about 4 miles and jump off the ramp, pull over, steam rising. Pull the hood, get sick. Fan clutch bearing burnt out, allowed fan to move forward, right into the month old radiator. Pretty good gash in it, donít know if it can be fixed or not. Estimate was around $2500 not counting radiator. Probably end up being closer to $5000 when all is said and done. This damn truck is killing me. About ready to just let it go back. Iím sick of this crap. Work 3-4 weeks, off a week in a shop, getting farther behind every day. My meagar savings have been spent trying to keep this pos on the road, Iím probably as broke as Iíve been in years. Thoroughly disgusted.

Sorry for the rant. Nothing more to say right now......

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Sorry to hear about the endless problems with the truck. What truck is it? Might be time to trade it in and get one that isn't jinxed? Hope this is the end of the breakdowns.

Comment

That truly does suck, man.
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Got it towed to Birmingham to a shop. They say they may be finished with it by Thursday, I hope they are. I've used them before, they are fast and good.

afret, this truck is one I got weaseled into buying from the finance company when my last one blew the engine. They cut me a "deal" and took it in on trade and added what I owed to this one, a mistake I shouldn't have made. It has been a pos since I got it. I owe way more than it would sell for right now, so I'm forced to keep dumping money into it and hope to get it paid down low enough to trade it and have some down payment, or just give up and let them have it back, screwing up my credit.

Comment

Talked to the shop this morning, should be finished late today/early tomorrow morning. Really studying my options right now, this crap is driving me to the poor house.

Comment

Picked the truck up yesterday afternoon, went and loaded today for Monday. Over $4100 shop bill, not including the towing. Now maybe I can run a while without problems. About ready to just go bankrupt and start picking up aluminum cans.

Comment

Wow that is a rough time your having . I hope it all turns around for you now
                  M&M #1240
                  Apr 2001
                  Ron

Comment

Working...
                  X