Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It never fails, they do it every time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It never fails, they do it every time

Every time a hurricane rolls in, the news media rolls in while everyone else is evacuating, they set up and pester folks that are getting out and those that choose to ride out the storm. Then when the rain and winds start, these goofballs get out there in it to show us its raining! They act like nobody has ever seen rain or the wind blowing hard. And itís not just once or twice, itís twice an hour, dodging raindrops and flying debris all the while telling everybody else to stay inside! Same thing during big snowstorms.

Hey folks, itís nature! Violent, but natural weather nonetheless. We know what it looks like, thatís why weíre inside watching it on TV and not risking our lives being out in it unless our jobs require it. Just show us where itís going, give us an estimate of how strong it is and how much damage to expect, and leave it be. We donít need play by play, foot by foot of where it is just let us know when to duck!

Gotta fill the 24 hour news cycle somehow I guess.......
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Weather Channel is the worst. I swear they can sensationalize a 2" snow fall. I have their app on my phone because they have a great radar but their alerts that I can't seem to permanently shut off suck.
    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
    363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

News this morning they were showing a kite surfer having the time of his life as the storm approached. Guy clearly knew his craft and they were just yelling about how he was doing exactly what our gov't wanted him to not do. I enjoyed watching the video. Guy was quite good doing crazy jumps and spins. Apparently, he owned a kite surfing store. Probably doesn't get conditions like that too often. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness I say. Just know the risk is that they may not be coming to save you. Mind you, this was filmed pretty early yesterday. Nice wind and rain, but not crazy conditions. Could be a darwin candidate, but he knows the risk. Let the man be.
      It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
      '66 Coupe C code
      '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Working...
      X