Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small, medium, or large?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small, medium, or large?

When I was younger, I liked smaller cars. As the years went by, I moved up to more mid sized ones with the occasional small one for a work car, then as the family grew, moved into full sized. Even had a micro sized one or two, a Fiesta and a early Honda Civic. Now, full sized means F150 pickups and Expeditions as there are no full sized sedans that I know of anymore. So, if you had plenty of money to go buy what you wanted today {I don't, this is just for the sake of discussion}, what would it be? Micro, small, medium, or large? For me, it's a large. I love my F150 and Expy, and my old Lincoln as well. The Firebird just seems small to me. I don't think a Mustang would suit me any longer, either. I'd be more inclined to buy a Galaxie or at least a Fairlane for the roominess. So, which size or sizes do you prefer?
    Micro sized
    0%
    Small sized
    12.50%
    Medium sized
    100.00%
    Large sized
    25.00%
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Forgot to add it’s multiple choice, so if you prefer more than one size you can vote on all that apply.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I prefer medium sized cars, Mustangs, Torinos, and my F-150 for example. When I worked at the Buick/Cadillac and Dodge dealers, some of the cars I had to drive/work on were just ridiculous, in my opinion. They rode nice, but there were so much metal and components they were dragging along for no reason. Some of them you couldn’t even work on the engine unless you crawled right in. I used to get a kick of how they were usually driven by people that were 4 foot tall and 75 pounds while people that weighed 400+ pounds were always making me cobble up something so they would fit in their Skyhawks (think Monza body) or Omnis or Opels. (Remember those?)
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Two cars I can’t stand are microcars (suicidal) or limousines (impressed with your self much?).

Comment

I agree with Steve. While I love my F250, it can be a pain around town at times.
          Rick Stevens
          Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
          - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
          - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Except those tiny speck cars I like and drive them all. Just pick the right tool for the job I guess. Small truck, a Ranger for my daily. Great size for running around town and still have room for stuff in the box. Large truck, F350 Super Duty Diesel for pulling trailers but sucks trying to park in most spots. Small car, '65 Mustang light and small for racing but crappy room to haul the kids around in the back so that's what the larger Chevelle is for. Come to thing of it, I like the large cars but probably wouldn't own one. Would rather have an F150. Same size and comfort but still could throw a few 2x4's in the back if needed. The wife on the other hand wouldn't drive anything smaller than her Traverse. She like the room and can't really blame her. 99% of the time, it's the vehicle we always take as a family.
            1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
            347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
            363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
            244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Yeah, I kinda draw the line on full size at the Crown Vic. I remember the Caddys and Buicks of the 70's, land barges for sure! Way too big for me. Never really cared for the Town Car Lincolns, either. I consider my F150 as full size since it's a Super Cab. A F250 would also be full sized to me, but a F350 would be like trying to drive my semi around for personal use, overkill for most things. They do have a purpose, but I don't need anything that big right now.

Comment

For some (very) odd reason, I've always wanted one of those mid 90's Buick Roadmaster wagons...with woodgrain of course Full tub the rear and put a couple turbo's on a LS under the hood.....talk about the ultimate sleeper!! With the fender skirts, you'd never see a pair of steamrollers under there. Plus they're lighter than the new Challengers! Not joking!

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

I voted for small and medium. I need a little bit of room because of my size, but my '09 Focus is big enough to be comfortable. It's nice for around town and gets 3 times the gas mileage of my wife's F250. My Mustang and Cougar are both what I'd consider medium sized, even though the back seat is more comfortable in the Focus than it is in either the Mustang or Cougar. I'm not quite sure what I'll do when it comes time to replace the Focus, as those are going away from the Ford lineup. I may get a newer Mustang or (gulp) get a small SUV. The only reason I like a big vehicle like my wife's F250 is because of their usefulness. Can't pull a car trailer with the Focus. It's plenty comfortable, but the 4-door is really kind of a pain in parking lots.
                  68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
                  '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
                  Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                    Yeah, I kinda draw the line on full size at the Crown Vic. I remember the Caddys and Buicks of the 70's, land barges for sure! Way too big for me. Never really cared for the Town Car Lincolns, either. I consider my F150 as full size since it's a Super Cab. A F250 would also be full sized to me, but a F350 would be like trying to drive my semi around for personal use, overkill for most things. They do have a purpose, but I don't need anything that big right now.
                    There was one car I prepped to display in the showroom, some Cadillac I think, and I was slowly creeping it through the door into the showroom, and a coworker shouted “HOLD IT !” and came back with a tape measure and measured that I had about 1/4” on my side between the mirror and the door and about 1 1/2” inches on the other side. I can’t believe some people wanted cars that huge.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

There was one car I prepped to display in the showroom, some Cadillac I think, and I was slowly creeping it through the door into the showroom, and a coworker shouted “HOLD IT !” and came back with a tape measure and measured that I had about 1/4” on my side between the mirror and the door and about 1 1/2” inches on the other side. I can’t believe some people wanted cars that huge.
                      Great derby cars!!

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

How about the Chrysler Imperial!

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
                          How about the Chrysler Imperial!
                          Yeah, they were massive. I don’t know what they weighed but some Caddys were over 6000 pounds.

Comment

My Grandma had a 80’s Buick Lesaber when she passed, a large car then and now. Her previous vehicle had been a Olds Omega ( Nova) that she never really liked. Before the Omega she had a 68 Olds 88 for years, she loved her big cars, and she was only about 5’ 3” and 100 lbs!

Comment

I like driving my 3/4 ton truck these days. If we go on a trip anywhere though we almost always take the wife’s CRV. Plenty of room, decent mpg and reliable as a timex. Yeah I’m showing my age referring to a wristwatch. Lol
                              79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
                              69 Stang Vert
                              69 Stang Coupe
                              92 Stang 5.0 LX
                              other DD's

Comment

Working...
                              X