Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from vacation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from vacation.

Well back to work this week after 9 days of vacation. My wife & I took a 7 day cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines to the Bahama's. We stopped at Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, & Freeport. We did some snorkeling, played with the sting rays, played with some dolphins, laid on the beach, had some drinks, swan in the ocean, & ate like a pig. Here are some pics.

Pulling into Grand Turk Harbour,

Half Moon Cay,

Ocean at Half Moon Cay,

The Carnival Pride cruise ship from the beach at Half Moon Cay,

Mike & Robin Grentus
    69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
    08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
    00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
    99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
    14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
    M&M Member #- 890
    MCA #- 4549
    My 69 Coupe build album
    http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Here are the last 2 pics from Freeport.

Freeport Harbour,

Dolphin Encounter,

Mike & Robin Grentus
    08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
    M&M Member #- 890
    MCA #- 4549
    My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

Boy, looks like paradise. Glad you had a great time.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

I'm 51, spent all that time on the east coast within easy driving distance to several ports....and have never taken a cruise. Heard so many conflicting stories about them. Any pros/cons, cruise tips for those of us who have never been?
        M&M Member #91
        Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
        US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

I don't see any pictures.
          Steve - M&M Member #690

1968 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
          2018 Premium GT Fastback Ruby Red

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
          Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
            Me either
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Strange, they show fine for me.
              '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
              My Sprint's restoration progress
              ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
                ditto............

Keith
                34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
                  I'm 51, spent all that time on the east coast within easy driving distance to several ports....and have never taken a cruise. Heard so many conflicting stories about them. Any pros/cons, cruise tips for those of us who have never been?
                  submariner mustanger, this is the second cruise my wife & I have been on, I talked with my oldest brother who was on one & with a guy I work wit who him & his wife have been on several before we took the first one. The first one we took was out of Orlando & was a 3 day cruise to see if we would like it & we had a GREAT time so the we took a 7 day cruise out of Baltimore since it was only a 3 hour drive from the Jersey shore. First I would talk to anyone you know who has been on a cruise to see what they liked & didn't like & which cruise line they used because that has a lot to do with the trip. If you want to go on an excursion off the ship at the ports book them before the cruise because I believe they are cheaper that way unless you like to do things on the spur of the moment, but by booking the excursions ahead of time you can research them without pressure & you can see comments from people who have done them before to see what they liked & didn't like about them. If you want bottled water in the room, or a drink package, buy it ahead of time because it is cheaper too. We cruised on Carnival Cruise Lines both times, & if you like to eat, drink, or gamble, you can't get enough. Both times our state rooms have been with a balcony & I would not get a room without one.
                  Mike & Robin Grentus
                  08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                  M&M Member #- 890
                  MCA #- 4549
                  My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

Originally posted by Mike65 View Post

submariner mustanger, this is the second cruise my wife & I have been on, I talked with my oldest brother who was on one & with a guy I work wit who him & his wife have been on several before we took the first one. The first one we took was out of Orlando & was a 3 day cruise to see if we would like it & we had a GREAT time so the we took a 7 day cruise out of Baltimore since it was only a 3 hour drive from the Jersey shore. First I would talk to anyone you know who has been on a cruise to see what they liked & didn't like & which cruise line they used because that has a lot to do with the trip. If you want to go on an excursion off the ship at the ports book them before the cruise because I believe they are cheaper that way unless you like to do things on the spur of the moment, but by booking the excursions ahead of time you can research them without pressure & you can see comments from people who have done them before to see what they liked & didn't like about them. If you want bottled water in the room, or a drink package, buy it ahead of time because it is cheaper too. We cruised on Carnival Cruise Lines both times, & if you like to eat, drink, or gamble, you can't get enough. Both times our state rooms have been with a balcony & I would not get a room without one.
                    Nice write up, thanks for your insight. We are thinking about taking our first....great tips regardingbuying drink packages ahead of time, balcony rooms, and making our first cruise a shorter one. Think we’re gonna combine a short cruise with a 3-4 day stay in Charleston SC.
                    Sounds like more bang for our buck.
                    M&M Member #91
                    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
                    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Working...
                    X