Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updating our Mustangs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
    I had a buddy that had a 8 track in his ‘67 Cougar and it had a Led Zeppelin tape stuck in it and every time he drove it he had to listen to the same songs over and over until he replaced it with a cassette deck.
    As long as it was Led Zep IV, I don't see a problem with that!

I know what you're saying on FM stations Rob. There is one in Nashville,TN, one in Huntsville,AL, one in Birmingham, AL, one in Chattanooga TN, and one in Columbus, MS that pretty much cover my travel area. The B'ham or Columbus MS stations are the ones I listen to here around home when I do turn the radio on.

I love the SirrusXM in my semi, I can listen to the same channel all day anywhere I'm at, but it's not practical to buy another one and add another subscription for my pickup or the wife's Expy, we're just not in them long enough at a time to justify it IMHO. If we're together, we seldom turn the radio on. Most of the time you couldn't hear it over the Grandson anyway!
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

As long as it was Led Zep IV, I don't see a problem with that!

I know what you're saying on FM stations Rob. There is one in Nashville,TN, one in Huntsville,AL, one in Birmingham, AL, one in Chattanooga TN, and one in Columbus, MS that pretty much cover my travel area. The B'ham or Columbus MS stations are the ones I listen to here around home when I do turn the radio on.

I love the SirrusXM in my semi, I can listen to the same channel all day anywhere I'm at, but it's not practical to buy another one and add another subscription for my pickup or the wife's Expy, we're just not in them long enough at a time to justify it IMHO. If we're together, we seldom turn the radio on. Most of the time you couldn't hear it over the Grandson anyway!
      It seems all the commercial channels around here are either rap (YUCK!), country (yuck), pop (yuck), or "oldies". And by oldies I mean 80s-2000, and those stations play the same freakin songs all the time. Literally I have switched from one to the other and they were playing the same song at the same time.
      I love Sirius as well, but man, it's gotten expensive, especially for two subscriptions. I just got our renewal statement and I am seriously considering shutting it off. It went up almost 40 bucks for the year for our 2 cars. It went from $377 to $416, and man, I'm having a hard time swallowing the idea of paying over 400 bucks for "radio".
      Rob Hetzler
      M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
      Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Mine is paid by the month, I think it's about $200 a year, but may be more, haven't figured it in a long time.
        I remember when I could have bought a lifetime subscription for $149 and didn't. Didn't have the money and thought that was too much to pay at one time on something that new that might not last. Look at how much I'd saved over the years, dumb move on my part......

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I pay by the year. Here's how our's break down.
          We have the Select package in both cars. KK's car is the "primary" car because we had it first. The cost is 228.53 a year.
          My car has the same package, but we get a family "discount" since it's a second vehicle, and it's 157.07.
          Almost 62 dollars of our bill (combined) is a fee for US music royalties.
          Like I said, I'm having a tuff time pulling the trigger and renewing it now since it's over 400 bucks.
          Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Just a little satellite radio history.....
            "In 1990, Martine Rothblatt founded Satellite CD Radio, Inc. in Washington, DC. The company was the first to petition the FCC to assign unused frequencies for satellite radio broadcast, which “provoked a furor among owners of both large and small [terrestrial] radio stations.”Rothblatt had previously helped create the PanAmSat international satellite television system, and helped launch and served as CEO of the Geostar satellite navigation system. In April 1992, she resigned as chairman and CEO of Sirius in order to start a medical research foundation, focused on finding a cure for her daughter's illness."

I work for that "medical research foundation" and Martine is our CEO.
            Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

I started out with XM way before the merger. Think they had been in business a couple of years before I bought my first one. Still have it up on a shelf, big ugly box that you had to hide under the dash with a small display that went on the dash connected by a cable. Next one I bought all of it was in a small unit about as big as two packs of smokes. Think I have had 4 or 5 of them, I transfer them from truck to truck.

Comment

My wife absolutely loves her XM. I don't get it. I'm a classic rock guy, so for the most part all my music has already been made. Over the years I have collected my 1200 top songs on MP3s and I load them onto my phone and bluetooth them to car I'm in. Commercial free music for free, as I see it. My wife's bill comes and I wince. I'm always questioning her about whether she really needs it, but she's clearly hooked. She likes listening to all the new tunes that come out from current artists so her playlist is always changing. :/

Lonewolf, you absolutely can keep the stereo controls on the steering wheel. There is a harness for those, you just have to make sure the radio you get will map to them (did I mention I recommend Crutchfield?). Crutchfield has an online tool that will tell you which radios are compatible with which vehicles.
                It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
                '66 Coupe C code
                '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Originally posted by GTRocks View Post
                  Lonewolf, you absolutely can keep the stereo controls on the steering wheel. There is a harness for those, you just have to make sure the radio you get will map to them (did I mention I recommend Crutchfield?). Crutchfield has an online tool that will tell you which radios are compatible with which vehicles.
                  Thanks! I will look into it.
                  Rick Stevens
                  Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                  - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                  - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Working...
                  X