Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford to lay off workers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford to lay off workers.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/aut...-laid-n1007696

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

I think the auto industry is in trouble. Mercedes has the plant in Vance AL, they have several lots rented around Tuscaloosa filled with new cars. Never seen them have to do that before, they have always been behind on shipments.

You go in any city in the US with a new car dealer, all of them are full. Used lots are full,too. They could stop production tomorrow and there would still be new vehicles sitting on lots a year from now. The old law of supply and demand is showing itself, the supply far outweighs the demand. I think a lot of the smaller brands will soon feel the pinch and either merge or go out of business. A market correction is way overdue. The market is saturated with too many look a likes, and market shares are dwindling. And quality control has been slipping,too. Too many recalls.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Quality control and cost. I see quality issues on my 2012 F250. It's spit out yet another EGT sensor. My diesel mechanic thinks the particulate filter is cracked. He cleared the codes, replaced the sensor and now we are in waiting mode to see if it comes back. So far so good but the truck has only regen'd once. Otherwise, I am looking at $5700 for new exhaust from the heads to the rear. That's the 3rd DEF/DPF related problem I have had since the first of the year. Truck only has 99k on it.
      Rick Stevens
      Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
      - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
      - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

ford is paring down dead weight, since the jobs being eliminated are all white collar jobs. in the long run it will save ford about $600 million per year when all is said and done.

is this a harbinger of things to come? possibly, but i dont foresee any issues as yet, at least nothing major.

either way, if something does happen, ford will be positioned to weather the storm again like they were in 2008.
        64 falcon
        66 mustang
        76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
        and life is but an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Quality control and cost. I see quality issues on my 2012 F250. It's spit out yet another EGT sensor. My diesel mechanic thinks the particulate filter is cracked. He cleared the codes, replaced the sensor and now we are in waiting mode to see if it comes back. So far so good but the truck has only regen'd once. Otherwise, I am looking at $5700 for new exhaust from the heads to the rear. That's the 3rd DEF/DPF related problem I have had since the first of the year. Truck only has 99k on it.
          Iíd be looking into a def/ dpf delete if they donít have emission testing where you live.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by rbohm View Post
            ford is paring down dead weight, since the jobs being eliminated are all white collar jobs. in the long run it will save ford about $600 million per year when all is said and done.

is this a harbinger of things to come? possibly, but i dont foresee any issues as yet, at least nothing major.

either way, if something does happen, ford will be positioned to weather the storm again like they were in 2008.
            I hope you are right, maybe they see something coming down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

Iíd be looking into a def/ dpf delete if they donít have emission testing where you live.
              Unfortunately, I live in an emissions area.
              Rick Stevens
              Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
              - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
              - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

Unfortunately, I live in an emissions area.
                Kills that idea then....

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

I hope you are right, maybe they see something coming down the road.
                  so do i. back in 2005 ford saw the credit crunch coming, and mortgaged the company to the hilt to get past that period of time. i think that if something is coming, ford is better positioned right now than they were back then, and this time around just trimming the fat is all they need.
                  64 falcon
                  66 mustang
                  76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
                  and life is but an illusion

Comment

Working...
                  X