Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hondas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hondas

My mom has a 2003 Honda CRV. With my dad's passing, car maintenance is a challenge for her, so I offered to do her needed brake job. That thing is a mess with rust. Ended up putting a new caliper (seized) on it too. New rotors, new pads and a new caliper. What was odd about it was that the caliper bolts were different sized from passenger side to driver's side. Really odd...anyone seen this before? 14mm on the passenger side, 12mm on the driver's....just weird.
    It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
    '66 Coupe C code
    '01 Saleen S281SC #648

that is a new to me. usually the bolts are the same side to side & back to front.........

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Maybe somebody had to change the bolts before, and the replacements had a different size head.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
        Maybe somebody had to change the bolts before, and the replacements had a different size head.
        That’s what I’d bet, too.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
          I thought about that too, except that there was equivalent rust levels on both. You would think if someone swapped a caliper, the rust level would have been less on that side? Did I mention it has a rust problem? My 2001 Saleen has 1/100th the rust level of that thing. Less mileage I guess, but not by a ton. Guess I don't drive the Saleen in the nasty weather though....

I just found myself scratching my head as to what socket I was going to need next. Pretty weird.
          It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
          '66 Coupe C code
          '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Working...
          X