2 out of 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 out of 3

I bought my 2016 Mustang in July of 2016. That October I had a deer run in to the side of the rear quarter panel and did $3600 worth of damage. Today, the third October I have owned the car, I hit a buck on my way to work. It could have been a lot worse, but luckily I wasnt going real fast (45 mph zone and I was going the speed limit), and I literally hit his head. He came out of the ditch, must have been running, with his head down low. I saw him a split second before I hit him with the passenger side corner of the bumper. It broke the bumper, broke all three lights on that corner, and scuffed up the wheel a little. It didnt get the hood or the fender. The guy at the body shop kept looking at the fender and said "I dont know how something can do that kind of damage to the front and not get the fender at all." I'll get the estimate tomorrow. I asked him to write up two. One for the insurance company, then one for me but instead of the stock ecoboost bumper, write it up with the GT350 bumper. If the difference isnt huge, I'll pay out of pocket for the difference to put the different bumper on it.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

that sux Rob. here in PA the deer are one of the largest group of insurance claims. hope it all works out for you.....

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

4 years old, they’ll probably total it. Insurance companies have got to where they’d rather total one than pay to get it fixed.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

That sucks, Rob. Sorry to hear that.

Isn’t it odd that you can have an old hooptie like my van and nothing seems to come near it, yet get something nice to drive and things are attracted to it like a magnet?
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

I told the guys at work the same thing. I drove that old t-bird for 12 years and never hit a thing. Granted, that car was never worth anything either. I paid $1200 for it originally, and that was about what blue book said it was worth at the time. I've had this thing 3 years, and it's had a run in with deer twice already.
          And get this, basically it tore up the front bumper, the for light, turn signal, and head light on that side. It also got the washer fluid reservoir, but it's chump change. The estimate to fix it is $2972. The head light assembly alone is $1119. Yes, I put the correct number of ones in there.
          I'm kicking around the idea of having them put a GT350 bumper on it instead of a stock one. The price difference is about 600 bucks though, and I'm not sure if I want to change it that badly. It sure would look cool though.
          Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

As of right now I have decided I'm going to change the front bumper on the car. Screw it, I've wasted a ton of money on that cussed racecar, I'm going to spend some on my daily driver. Right now the plan is to change the front bumper, get the sound system upgraded, then if I'm still feeling it, get the Ford Performance tune installed and bump up the HP a little.

This is the bumper I want to put on the car.
            https://www.americanmuscle.com/mpcon...-kit-1517.html
            Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

I like that front end. maybe some before & after pics ?

Keith
              34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

That’s cool looking, good pick.

Comment

Thanks. I'm still in a holding pattern until I hear from the adjuster. I'm not doing anything until then.
                  Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
                    As of right now I have decided I'm going to change the front bumper on the car. Screw it, I've wasted a ton of money on that cussed racecar, I'm going to spend some on my daily driver. Right now the plan is to change the front bumper, get the sound system upgraded, then if I'm still feeling it, get the Ford Performance tune installed and bump up the HP a little.

This is the bumper I want to put on the car.
                    https://www.americanmuscle.com/mpcon...-kit-1517.html
                    Good choice, Rob !!
                    I really like that front end.
                    Mark C ~
                    M&M member #332
                    1965 coupe - owned since '79
                    1970 Mach 1 T-5 (export Mustang) - owned since '86
                    http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/70MachT5.html
                    "My '65 coupe is going back together"
                    /___ ___ ___ \
                    (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
                    \_ o _ __ _ o _/
                    |___| ...... |___|

Comment

It took awhile for the adjuster to get back with me. We actually had to get a little stern with our agent about it. The adjuster sent me a letter and said "I have tried to contact you multiple times, you need to call me." That was BS. I gave him our home phone number which has caller ID and an answering machine and there was no record of him ever trying to call. And because of the delay, like what always happens with me, once I get a chance to actually spend a little time and think about spending a fair amount of money, I usually talk myself out of it. I've pretty much talked myself out of changing bumpers. If they would have gotten back with me fairly quick I would have pulled the trigger, but since they drug it out and I got to think about spending 600 bucks, now I'm not so keen on the idea.
                      Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

i worked fourteen seasons in the national parks, and i cant tell you how many times i avoided hitting animals. imagine doing 60 in the dark, and seeing a moose walk out onto the road. despite all the encounters i had, i only hit two animals on that fourteen year period, with no damage to my vehicles. one was a turkey crossing the road that i hit with my F250, and one was a large rodent that i hit with my fairmont wagon.

t hope things go well for you.
                        64 falcon
                        66 mustang
                        76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
                        and life is but an illusion

Comment

We’re going to my sister’s house fairly deep in the woods and every year it’s a game of ‘dodge the wildlife.’

Comment

The other day coming back from town in my truck I had to dodge deer on three separate occasions. The one I hit with my car I never got a chance to dodge. He showed up in front of the car a split second before impact.
                            Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
                            X