Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer Season is Upon Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Season is Upon Us!

Is anyone headed out to the woods this year? We hunted archery elk in September in CO, found there are way too many people out in the woods now.

We are hitting TX over Thanksgiving week, and will try to put both our whitetails and mulies in the coolers.
    Rick Stevens
    Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
    - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
    - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

I dont know if I will go. I need someone to drag the sucker out if I would get one.
    this getting old really hurts at times......

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

I got one last week and didnt even need to leave the road or the comfort of my car. LOL
      Seriously though, I doubt it. We dont have any where to put the meat if I killed one. We keep talking about getting another freezer, and if that ever happens I am sure I will go hunting one every year then. And given how many there are around here, filling a couple of doe tags wouldn't be difficult at all.
      Rob Hetzler
      M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
      Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Originally posted by blue34 View Post
        I dont know if I will go. I need someone to drag the sucker out if I would get one.
        this getting old really hurts at times......

Keith
        I keep plastic kid's snow toboggon in the truck just for this. Between gutting and quartering in the field and dragging on a piece of plastic, it seems to be much easier. The days of me packing out an elk in quarters on my back are coming to an end, that's for sure.
        Rick Stevens
        Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
        - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
        - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

I had thought of that and or a deer cart. my back more than likely would not take it.
          when I use the push mower for more than 30 minutes I have pain. my friends tease me because I use a riding mower for this small yard but
          I dont hurt from racing around the yard on it.....

Keith
          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

I don’t hunt anymore, don’t really have time and nowhere to put any meat either. I like to sit at my kitchen table and watch them come up behind the house. Usually a couple of does and some little ones, I saw a 6-8 point buck back there last week. Nobody hunts my land, so as long as they stay on it they’re safe.
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Yeah, I'll be out there soon.....the Whitetails are in the yard every evening/dawn eating acorns lately. I'll put one or two in the freezer. My wife & I usually will grind it all into burger, which I like to call, 'The universal cut'. We use it in everything, chili, spaghetti (sp?), meatloaf, etc. We usually mix it 50/50 with beef burger as it is very lean by itself.

Wishing you good luck in TX, Rick!

Ryan
              Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
              X