No, that ain't ice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, that ain't ice...

Friday I got in early enough to cut my overdue grass. Wife was gone in the Expy, I had done made it to the back yard cutting when she came out back, hands on hips, wanting me for something. I cut the mower off, she yelled, "Come look what you've done!" Walked under the carport, got sick. Apparently I had slung a rock from the front into the carport, destroying the rear glass on the Firebird. Glad I got full glass coverage, I bet that sucker is expensive! Got to get with Grundy Monday and see what they say do. fbird glass1.jpgfbird glass2.jpgfbird glass3.jpgfbird glass4.jpg
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Boy, ain't that just a kick in the ol' sack! Hope the insurance Co treats you fairly? At least you didn't dent the sheet metal!
    Best Of Luck To Ya!
    Gene
    To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
    '68 coupe/5.0/T5
    '69 F250
    '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
    '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

well that just plain sux !

I once was mowing & tossed a stone into the all glass storm door on the front of the house....the Mrs was none to happy with me.
      they get over it after a while......but they NEVER forget !
      34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

on the lighter side, at least in was only a firebird.
        64 falcon
        66 mustang
        76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
        and life is but an illusion

Comment

I did the same thing to my wife's Charger last year. Cost me $100 out of pocket. Hopefully, you'll be in a similar boat.
          It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
          '66 Coupe C code
          '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Originally posted by rbohm View Post
            on the lighter side, at least in was only a firebird.
            Yeah, it could have been the Lincoln, the glass for it isn't made anymore.

I have 100% glass coverage, so shouldn't be out of pocket anything.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Boy, that sucks, sorry buddy.
              '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

What really sucks is the glass isn’t made anymore, and nobody close has one. Glass guy said he found some places on the west coast that claim to have one, but the freight to get it here was more than the glass and what he would get paid to install it! And dealing with the insurance company hasn’t been as easy as I thought it would be. Hard to make idiots, women, and school kids understand what not available means.....

I got them to ok using a used glass, finally. Glass guy said I’d have to source one myself, so I’ve been looking. Found one on eBay of all places that is about 150 miles from me, and I’ll have to go pick it up. Also found a entire parts car 45 miles from me, I may just go that route and change the whole hatch, but that will involve either putting my tail panel on it or painting that one, I’m leaning toward painting. Probably go Sat morning and have a look see, if I like what I see, I’ll haul it home.

Still haven’t gotten a clear answer from the insurance on reimbursement on parts I have to source myself. These people answering the phone don’t know any more than the computer forms in front of them. Last one I talked to said she’d have an adjuster call me, still haven’t heard a word. I’m gonna get it fixed anyway, if they refuse to reimburse me, I’ll be changing companies next time it comes due, next May.

Comment

Make sure you don’t mention your car was in a carport instead of a locked garage, so that they don’t weasel out of the claim. My Hagerty policy specifically requires my cars to be housed inside.

Comment

That sucks. I broke a window on the house last year when the pushmower kicked up a rock. I didnt even the discharge chute attached, and it would have been facing away from the house anyways. And still a rock got out from under it, flew at least 25 feet, and hit the window about 7' above the ground.
                    Rob Hetzler
                    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Went and bought the parts car yesterday. Perfect glass, lots of rust on the other body panels though. Don't really care, was going to try and sell the front clip, still might. Lots of other parts I can use though, power steering box, floor shift column, some interior parts look good through the window. Only problem is, I can't get the doors open! Hatch opens with a screwdriver, the lock has been punched and it's in the body, so no problems with the hatch. Doors seem to be locked, I'm gonna crawl through the junk inside and try to open them from the inside... Don't even know what year it is for sure, was told it's an 84, but no title and the VIN is obscured by a foggy glass. Doesn't matter, it's all just parts anyway. Got 4 Pontiac Rallye wheels on it, but they're 14".

Now I just gotta get with the insurance company and get the rear panel painted to match our car. Hope they don't give me too much fuss. May have to end up painting it myself, but I've never done base coat/ clear coat, so it would be a learning curve. Got plenty of the red car to practice on though!

Oh yeah, Steve, they asked if it was in the garage, I said yes. My idea of a garage and theirs might be different, lol. But, even though the agent said it had to be in a locked garage, the policy doesn't say anything about it, and the policy is what they go by, no matter what the agent tells you. I've had that discussion before on a normal policy, I was told something was covered by an agent then found out later it wasn't from the company, always read the policy! It has the final say!

Anyway, a few pics of the pig, er, parts car....

parts bird.jpgparts bird 2.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good score on the parts car. That nose cone doesn't look to be in bad shape, seems like most of those around here have all bumped into something!
                        1968 Fastback
                        90 5.0 HO
                        T-5
                        Modern leather buckets
                        Front Disc
                        2001 Bullit Green

Comment

I loved those Pontiac wheels. Even when they put them on wagons they looked cool.

Comment

Scored a pedestal style spoiler on eBay last night! Was listed at $200 with a best offer option, I offered $150 and they accepted. Ordered a new trunk weatherstrip today, mine was pretty well worn out, figured now was as good a time as any to replace it. Now if I and the insurance lady can quit playing phone tag, maybe I can find out something about getting the replacement hatch painted and get some of my money back on it.

Comment

Working...
                            X