Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY bench vise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY bench vise

I found this video yesterday and was blown away by this guys skill as he created a very nice vice using a section of railroad rail and some scrap metal. Its true that he also had access to a machine shop, but keep in mind you may be able to sign up for an adult ed class at a local high school or voch school like I have in the past, and it might even count as your project:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IkkcLxSTo

Its amazing what you can find to watch at night when you are sick of the usual tv mindrot.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    It is much more effective to teach people how to swim than to try to dry all the world oceans.

Well Sir,
    Watching that vid was much less wasteful than almost anything on TV! I really appreciate guys with skills! Of course, that's why I spend so much time on the web, cetting ideas for new things to do to my guitars or ideas for building new ones. Add to that, being being an incurable, card carrying, dyed in the wool "Tool Junkie" and well, there ya go!
    Thanx 4 Sharin'
    Gene
    To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
    '68 coupe/5.0/T5
    '69 F250
    '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
    '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

Awesome!!!!!
      1970 Mach 1, my wife's first car purchased for $1800 in 1977. .30 over 351 Cleveland 4V FMX tranny. Best ET with 3:00 to 1 gears 13.9 @ 102 mph

Comment

Working...
      X