Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to my local Sears mall store yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to my local Sears mall store yesterday

...and I was surprised to see it had had its flooring replaced, something it’s badly needed for years, and my wife even found a couple things she liked and priced reasonably, and I even picked up a new handle for a ball pein hammer I have that’s been on the DL list for a while. I’d been looking everywhere for one and I was starting to think I needed to cut a branch from an ash tree and start whittling.

I don’t know if it’s too little, too late, but somebody’s starting to make an effort.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Within a 25 min ride from me there have been 2 Sears stores close up in the last couple years. Same thing with the local Kmart store’s that carried the Craftsman brand.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

Closest Sears to me is about 100 miles away. Probably about the same for a Kmart. IF I ever buy anything from them again it will have to be online. Sure will miss looking up what I want then going to the store to pick it up, especially stuff like Craftsman mower parts.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Funny timing for this thread. Our local Sears closed last year. I just downloaded the plans for the building remodel. They are turning it into four stores and a new shared loading dock.
        1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
        347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
        363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
        244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Let me get this straight.....You found at hammer 'handle' - at a Sears store - in a mall?!!! I'm impressed! I'm hard pressed to find a good hardware store that sells just a handle anymore. The only Sears we have here in Lexington now is a small outlet for tools and appliances. They are good for getting tools in a pinch, but I'd be surprised if they could tell the difference between the hammer head and the handle.

Comment

the last time I was in the local Sears store I & 1 other person were the only customers and the tools were VERY limited as to what was
            displayed and what was in stock..............
            34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Tim65GT View Post
              Let me get this straight.....You found at hammer 'handle' - at a Sears store - in a mall?!!! I'm impressed! I'm hard pressed to find a good hardware store that sells just a handle anymore. The only Sears we have here in Lexington now is a small outlet for tools and appliances. They are good for getting tools in a pinch, but I'd be surprised if they could tell the difference between the hammer head and the handle.
              Yeah, I was shocked. I’ve looked everywhere, Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, local hardware stores. I guess we’re supposed to just throw away broken hammers these days. But Sears had them in two sizes, even.

Comment

Must have been leftover, NOS! I doubt that they could even order such an item for re-stock anymore!
                Just Hammerin'
                Gene
                To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
                '68 coupe/5.0/T5
                '69 F250
                '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
                '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

Our Sears and our Kmart locally have gone away. For things like hammer handles, I have had good luck at the local farm stores or Ace hardware rather any chain.
                  Rick Stevens
                  Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                  - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                  - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

There is a small local shopping center Sears that’s closing it’s doors in the next town over. I stopped in but the only thing that made sense to buy was a shop vac filter for 45% off, I happened to even need a new one. The tools have been picked over clean already, leaving only a few mechanic tool sets, a few individual sockets and ratchets, and bunches of those gimmicky junk tools Sears love selling. Some of the large appliances were 80% off.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                      Some of the large appliances were 80% off.
                      That's funny right there. When we were looking for a new range, we went to the Tuscaloosa store that was closing, they didn't have anything in stock, had to order any appliance, and they were full price. They wouldn't even sell the floor models!
                      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
                      X