Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craftsman Cordless Batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Cordless Batteries

Just thought I’d pass this along. Last week I went to put my old 19.2 Volt Craftsman cordless drill battery in the charger for use later in the day. It wouldn’t charge and is pretty old. No biggie I’ll just get a new drill. Well, after seeing the price of new ones I looked into just replacing the battery in the current one. Researched them and ordered a pair off Amazon with good reviews for $35 shipped. Happy to report both batteries look, charge n preform great. I just wonder how many people today would’ve just chucked everything in the trash n spent the coin for a whole new setup?
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Very smart. I did that when we used to have flip phones. My wife had a Nokia that would eat $40 batteries every year. I went on line and found one for $15 which lasted longer, right up until we upgraded our phones.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Tater I need a new battery for my Craftsman cordless drill, which one did you buy?. Steve I still have a flip phone.
      Mike & Robin Grentus
      69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
      08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
      00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
      99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
      14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
      M&M Member #- 890
      MCA #- 4549
      My 69 Coupe build album
      http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FA8X0EY..._2XCDCb66NJ2WT
        79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
        69 Stang Vert
        69 Stang Coupe
        92 Stang 5.0 LX
        other DD's

Comment

Those in the link above are the ones I got. There are some similar ones on Amazon that are slightly different in the casting in the center of the area that plugs into the charger/drill that require a modification with a small file. The ones in the above link look identical to the original Craftsman battery other than not having the 19.2 written on the sides and didn’t require any mods to work.
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Mike65 View Post
            Tater I need a new battery for my Craftsman cordless drill, which one did you buy?. Steve I still have a flip phone.
            I want to chuck my smartphone and go back to a flip phone. I don’t need a computer in my pocket, and the prices are getting insane.
            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
            My Sprint's restoration progress
            ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Thanks tater, those are the ones I need.
              Mike & Robin Grentus
              69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
              08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
              00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
              99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
              14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
              M&M Member #- 890
              MCA #- 4549
              My 69 Coupe build album
              http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Amazon is great for getting stuff cheap, and fast. Here in KC, if you wanna get it TODAY, we have a battery franchise store called Batteries Plus....that carry just about ANY rechargeable (and disposable) battery you could ever dream up. Bought a new battery for my 15+ year old Makita 18V drill a few years ago. That battery still charges great. They even carry batteries for I phones, and will install them while you wait. I had the battery replaced on my 4 year old I phone 7s.....for $50. What a bargain, like having a new phone!
                M&M Member #91
                Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
                US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

That’s cool Sub Mustanger. Here in the woods of WV battery places aren’t too close though. But the way the urban sprawl has been going....it might be in the future.
                  69 Stang Vert
                  69 Stang Coupe
                  92 Stang 5.0 LX
                  other DD's

Comment

Working...
                  X