Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    I have been using fluorescent ones for years but lately have just been using a headlamp for most things.

Leave a comment:

• blue34
    replied
    we stopped at Lowes yesterday for a few items & I looked at the lights there. this caught my eye so I will try it out.
    I will still be buying a standard type trouble light with an outlet on it like my harbor junk unit.......

https://postimg.cc/XpQWM8s8

hangs with a hook or magnet & is rechargeable, much brighter than what I have now !

Keith

Leave a comment:

• ford84stepside
    replied
    If you are talking about 120 volt LED lights, there are different color ranges for them. I have been replacing the bulbs in my house as they blow with LED's, I noticed one box I bought was more of a bluish-white light than the others, which were more yellowish like an incandescent. When I put the first one in the house, I was amazed at how much better the lighting was, I could see things that were shadowy before. I'm sold on them, electricity savings or not, I'm going full LED as my others blow.

Leave a comment:

• horseballz
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
    Much to my surprise, the bulb in my trouble light that seems to have lasted forever is a CFL.

3311F1C3-0BC5-48D2-BD89-3D42ABEB06C5.jpeg
    Me Too! The only time it breaks is on a SERIOUS drop! I think I've had to change it only 3 or 4 times in 15 years! Still gets kinda warm, but nowhere near as hot as an old school incandescent!

And while LED lamps can "seem" really bright, many seem to miss certain parts of the visible spectrum, making that brightness almost fake and less useful!

Just My $.02 & Likely Worth A Whole Lot Less!
    Gene

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Keith, let us know which one you buy & how it is.

Leave a comment:

• SteveLaRiviere
    replied
    Much to my surprise, the bulb in my trouble light that seems to have lasted forever is a CFL.

3311F1C3-0BC5-48D2-BD89-3D42ABEB06C5.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• ford84stepside
    replied
    I like that stick light, but only 4 hours on full power? Seems low to me. My little Bell and Howell ran probably 50 hours before I had to change batteries. It takes 3 AA batteries.

Leave a comment:

• blue34
    replied
    I have a plastic caged light with a cord from harbor junk. the hook keeps coming out so it falls & the bulb will not stay tight ....

I am leaning toward buying one of these 2 lights ......https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-La...WLLG/206031017

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-Cordles...SIN=B0786SDZ1K

Keith

Leave a comment:

• SteveLaRiviere
    replied
    I use an old fashioned caged trouble light that I put a LED bulb in it years ago. In addition to staying cool, an unexpected bonus was that it doesn’t break if I drop it or bump it into something.

Leave a comment:

• ford84stepside
    replied
    I have been using a 6" fluorescent for years. I think I bought it at Walmart. It has served me well, but the clear cover has gotten so scratched and dirty it's starting to cut down on the light output. Next one I buy will be LED for sure. I have a 6" LED that I keep in the truck, I have used that thing for hours at a time, have only put in one set of batteries. It's a Bell and Howell brand, somebody gave it to me one Christmas. It's twice as bright as my fluorescent, and doesn't have an aggravating cord to deal with getting unplugged every time you move it. I'm going to pick up two or three more LED lights when I think about it, maybe another 6", a 12" and maybe even a 2' or 3' one. Had a guy use a 3' under my truck one night on a service call, man, it was like daylight under there! One that big would be good for under the car work where you need to see a large area.

I've also got one of those 8 LED head strap lights, sometimes I'll put it on, sometimes I just use it like a flashlight. IMHO, LED is the way to go anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    I need a new one too since the one I have every time I bump it the bulb blows out.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Keith,
    I hear ya. I looked high and low and finally located what I wanted. I don't recall where I bought it from though.
    What I got was: a corded trouble light equipped with a three prong plug resecepticle in the handle and with a plastic bulb cage. The plastic cage doesn't get so hot as to burn you skin as a metal cage would. The cage was orange inside and out, so I spray painted the inside of the bulb cage silver for better light reflectivity. It takes a 75-watt standard screw-in, rough-use bulb.

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• blue34
    started a topic trouble light

trouble light

what do you use as I am tired of the junk light I got from harbor freight ?

cord or cordless recommendations wanted......

thanks, Keith
Working...
X