Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jig saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jig saws

I have been working on the trans mount for my coupe & needed more metal cutting blades. I replaced my jig saw 2 years ago as the old one
    burned up. this is the U style blade saw. I was shocked that no one in the area has U style blades. I did ask about this & the help at all 3 stores
    said the U type blades & saws are discontinued.
    a quick internet search found a few and a bit more selection in wood cutting but not enough to keep me going to my satisfaction.

due to the lack of available U style blades, I returned to Lowes & bought a new T style blade jig saw by Dewalt.

now I`m starting to feel like a dinosaur............

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Wow, I haven't bought any blades for mine in ages, sounds like I may not be able to. I don't understand discontinuing a style when there are millions of them still out there. Just another way to screw everybody over and make more money I guess.....
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by blue34 View Post
      I have been working on the trans mount for my coupe & needed more metal cutting blades. I replaced my jig saw 2 years ago as the old one
      burned up. this is the U style blade saw. I was shocked that no one in the area has U style blades. I did ask about this & the help at all 3 stores
      said the U type blades & saws are discontinued.
      a quick internet search found a few and a bit more selection in wood cutting but not enough to keep me going to my satisfaction.

due to the lack of available U style blades, I returned to Lowes & bought a new T style blade jig saw by Dewalt.

now I`m starting to feel like a dinosaur............

Keith
      I hear you Keith. It seems like I spend a lot of time looking for unicorns.
      Rick Stevens
      Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
      - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
      - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

I hear you Keith. It seems like I spend a lot of time looking for unicorns.
        well I have never seen a live unicorn but I guess there is always a chance...........

Edit = after some more thought on the subject, I have never seen a dead unicorn either ......

Keith
        Last edited by blue34; 02-10-2020, 11:20 AM.
        34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

Keith

Comment

Which is why I can't find one!
          Rick Stevens
          Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
          - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
          - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Here’s a source, at the bottom of the page:

https://www.mcmaster.com/sabre-saw-blades
            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
            My Sprint's restoration progress
            ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

If Mcmaster-Carr doesn't have it, it can't be bought! They never cease to amaze me with their inventory.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

For sure, and my last order arrived in two days, which is hard to believe in Maine. Only Amazon equals their shipping time sometimes, but mc is more consistent
                '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                My Sprint's restoration progress
                ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

as I stated I did find some on the net. what bothers me is the blades will be discontinued/ out of production & and
                  some point will be unavailable. so I took the hit & bought newer equipment.
                  i guess I am to old school & think if it works why not use it.
                  oh well, such is life.....

Keith

Keith

Comment

I hate to throw out stuff that still works just because they quit supporting it. Like Windows 7. Gonna have to upgrade my other puter for that reason....

Comment

Working...
                    X