No announcement yet.

New toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color me green with envy ! way to go Bobby....

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Still plugging along with it! Got it mounted to a pallet and a piece of 3/4" plywood, much more stable and still semi portable if it needs be. The air switch that controls the breakdown cylinder was a tiny button, hard on the finger, so a couple of pieces of scrap aluminum, 4 bolts and nuts, and I now have a thumb lever, much easier to work. I mentioned above that IMG_20200711_190709190.jpgIMG_20200711_190759430.jpgIMG_20200711_190746407.jpg the cylinder bushing was shot, I didn't have anywhere to get one made, so I did the next best thing.....I honed it out with a fine grindstone to fit the OD of a piece of 1" copper tubing. The tubing was a slip fit over the cylinder rod, so now the piston stays in a straight line through it's travel, no more hang ups I hope. And here is my first total break down and dismount, a rotten radial on a 70's aluminum wheel. Took a bit to get it to turn loose since it was so rotten as well as the learning curve along with it, but I'm getting better, LOL! Got three more of that set to dismount, one more 70 and two 60's , they may be fun! Then I'll clean them up for trading fodder or just sell them outright.
      Attached Files
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

IMG_20200711_190824887.jpg One more pic

----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Looks good Bobby!
          Rick Stevens
          Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
          - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
          - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Working...
          X