I had to laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to laugh

I was reading this auto repair thread on fascistbook and a guy posted that he broke a plug in his 5.4 (sadly a common thing) and some chick pipes in “I know an awesome mechanic and I can give you his number so you can borrow his.”

I’m thinking ‘Gee, how awesome of you to offer SOMEONE ELSE’S tool that he makes his living with to a total stranger on the internet. I’m sure he won’t mind...’

I bet I know how that idiot votes.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

I hate it when people volunteer my services, whether I want to or not. " Hey, Bobby will [not can, or might] fix that for you." Sometimes I don't mind helping folks, a lot depends on who it is and what the repair is. I absolutely refuse to work on FWD stuff anymore, between it cutting my skin all to pieces and these stiff arthritic fingers I just can't do it. And I don't like folks volunteering the use of my tools, either. If they are to be used, I will be the one using them.

But, if she's good looking enough and wants to borrow a certain tool for a while, well, I'm not going to turn her down!
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

But, if she's good looking enough and wants to borrow a certain tool for a while, well, I'm not going to turn her down!
      That type of person usually looks like Rosie O’Donnell.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

That type of person usually looks like Rosie O’Donnell.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
        X